Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

Hi babes! You know my faaavourite type of post to do is a beauty review, because I feel like these reviews are actually helpful to people. Unlike regular outfit posts, which are more about aspiration/making people want to buy pretty things. Reviews don't make you buy things, they help you make a more informed decision. So yeah, love doing beauty posts, and I'll be reviewing one of my favourite recent buys today!

After about half a year of salivating over this product, I received the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove as a birthday present from my besties. It has definitely not disappointed, and I've been using it regularly ever since. But no spoilers, let's take a look!

Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review
Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

For the past year or so, I've been gravitating away from elaborate multi colour eyeshadow looks towards simpler day-to-day looks. Probably because my commute takes longer now, and I just want to look put together without spending minutes blendin' that I could spend sleepin'. So I've been using the eye products that I can quickly apply with my fingertips, really. Not aspirational maybe but very real. And my fav easy-to-apply-by-hand products are

- and my Urban Decay Moondusts (mostly Solstice but also the Moondust palette).

What I love about these is that they can be applied easily by hand (yes I'm repeating myself sorry), but also that they are sparkly, flattering colours that will go with any type of outfit and will make you look well-rested. Sunset Cove looked exactly like a product that would tick alllll of those boxes, and all of the reviews I've read were super positive. Also, who can resist a pink/aqua duochrome? Duochromes always make me very greedy.

Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

The Stila Magnificent Metals come in a small rectangular tube with a fluffy, long applicator that grabs just the right amount of product to coat both eyelids. Easy to use, and stylish packaging.

OK, swatches!
Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

Aaaaah that duochrome! This one goes from a silvery aqua to a lavender pink, and is gorgeous in all views. 

The product applies smoothly, creamy, even and sets quickly to the point that it won't budge, but can be blended out (I prefer blending out by tapping the edges with my fingerstips) in the first 10 or so seconds after applying while the product is still wet. However, if you don't blend and just let it sit, it won't stain your brow bone if you open your eye before the product fully sets. Perfect formula. 

Also, no fallout throughout the day, unlike what you get with most regular, dry powder eyeshadows. If I haven't had enough sleep, the LAST thing I need is fallout underneath my eye. Multi colour eye bags, holla!

I like using this as an inner-corner highlighter, but Sunset Cove also looks amazing as a full look on its own. In the following pictures I've applied Sunset Cove over my full lid, blended out the edges with my fingertips, no primer. Super easy. Just the way I like it. But if you prefer a more "done" look you can obviously pair it with a matte in the same color family to blend along the edges.
Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review
Beauty: Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove review

Is it pretty or what? I love the pink and the shimmer, and how easy this product is to use. It hasn't replaced my tru luv Urban Decay Solstice Moondust as number one favourite for quick sparkly looks, but Sunset Cove is absolutely gorgeous in its own worth. 

Now, the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadows aren't cheap, but if you see a colour that makes you fall in love, these are 100% worth it. High end makeup that requires zero work to look gorgeous, and will not fade or smudge throughout the day.

Belgian babes can buy the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadows on Beautybay! Let me know if you have any questions ;-)

No comments