Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red review

Hi guys, recently I was invited to review Kruidvat's webshop, and this is one of the products I ordered. L'Oréal launched the collection exclusive pure reds somewhere in 2014, but these are still available (or again?) in shades of perfect reds developed for iconic beauties Julianne Moore, Doutzen Kroes, Blake Lively and Laetitia Casta.

Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red review
Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red review

All four shades are stunners and very different, but I was instantly into Laetitia's red: a dark, pigmented red with cool, pink undertones. Unlike anything I already owned, and perfect for the sort of slightly goth make up vibe I enjoy so much during fall and winter. As I'd already established that Wet'n'Wild's Cherry Bomb is a pretty perfect dupe for MAC's Diva, colour wise, and Diva is such a popular shade, I wanted to compare Cherry Bomb to Laetitia's red for you guys.

Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red swatch

Swatched next to each other it is clear that Laetitia's red is a bit lighter, a bit less saturated in one swipe. Swatched on the lips, the difference is subtle, but it's there. I'd say that the L'Oréal shade is perfect for you if you like the deep, sultry red of MAC's Diva, but find it a bit too intimidating to wear regularly.

Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red swatch

This is the lipstick sans lipliner. Using a pencil would obviously make the lines cleaner and more defined, but I don't mind. I love how the pink/purple undertones clearly come out when swatched. Those cliché colour profile things you find in magazines and online always tell me I should go for cool, blue based reds, but I feel like they often look very "old" and dull on me. Almost muted. I prefer shades that pop and give me a fresh look, but I've never managed to find a cool red that did that for me. Well, now I have! I love the pink undertones, it reminds me of crushed flower petals or the stain wine can leave on your lips. I also appreciate how the colour glides smoothly on the lips and then dries down to a more matte finish, leaving a lip stain after wearing off from eating etcetera. Makes it a lot more user friendly and practical than most super dark lipsticks.

Here's a full face look.

Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red review
Beauty: L'Oréal collection exclusive Laetitia's pure red review

Absolutely dig it. The satin sheen makes this deep, berry red look very rich and luxe, and the colour is incredibly flattering on my pale winter skintone. I found that the lipstick did not dry my lips, but you might get some build up after reapplying a couple of times so bear that in mind. I deal with that by rubbing off the build up with a tissue and applying a fresh layer. If you wear a dark lip, you know it will be high maintenance, and since it doesn't smudge much I don't mind dealing with the build up.

I love this lipstick and recommend it if you're looking for a fresh, deep shade for fall and winter. Retails for €13.99 at Kruidvat!

No comments