when you know your heart is light, electric is the love.

Here’s my easy class outfit: shorts, warm boots, oversized cardigan and some stripes to make it a bit more interesting :) I was way proud of myself since I totally got all the exercises we were making in class while I usually start out bright but dull down when the end of class is near!



Did you guys see the Telephone video by Gaga? I was sooo excited for it, even though I don’t ADORE the song (sounds a bit too Madonna for my taste), and the stills from the set looked amazing, but I can’t help but feel a bit let down. It’s stylistically awesome of course and there’s humor, but it didn’t touch me like Paparazzi and Bad Romance did. Is it too over the top? Or just not original enough? I think it’s the last one: this is a too literal reference to Tarantino and exploitation films, light on the emotional impact while BR and Paparazzi did have emotional gravity if you ask me. I don’t hate it, I’m just a bit disappointed.


I totally love her look with the soda cans in her hair and the big, oversized, studded leather jacket: sooo Madonna/Gwen in all the right ways. And her Axl Rose-ish outfit with the bandana rocked my socks off, but still. Maybe Bad Romance is just too tough an act to follow. McQueen did some amazing things for that video.

 I also don't get the fuss over the "it" shoes of this moment, these Miu Miu clunky platforms:

they are fun and all, but SO unwearable if you ask me. A bit too childish perhaps? Maybe it's just not my style, what do you guys think?

5 comments

  1. I agree. the video and the song is a little bit "been there and done that" And as you point out very Madonna. That said I know that the boy in the house will LOVE this! :D :D

    Oh yeah... and you always look cute in shorts with tights! Its a cool look that you do so well!

    Miu Mius... nah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little bit disappointed by the video as well. Of course, it's hard to follow up a video like Bad Romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have high hopes for the Alejandro video as there are rumors going around that Lara Stone will be playing a part in the video. Anything with Lara Stone = win in my book :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little bit disappointed by the video as well. Of course, it's hard to follow up a video like Bad Romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have high hopes for the Alejandro video as there are rumors going around that Lara Stone will be playing a part in the video. Anything with Lara Stone = win in my book :D

    ReplyDelete