I only want to be your one life stand







dress: zara
boots: h&m
cardigan: zara
bracelet: COS
belt: h&m
This is one of the cardigans I bought at Zara in the corner with all the last sales piled on top of each other. 7 euro for a cardigan like this one, not bad at all! And it's so warm! I wore it as a coat yesterday since the weather is getting better around here. Next week we're expecting another drop in temperature, but I'm enjoying the hints of spring as long as they last!
We went to see avatar last night. We ate my home-made lasagne first and smuggled our own chips + beverages inside in our large handbags. We bought our tickets, paid a 5 euro warranty (or what do you call it?) on our 3D glasses that had to be returned after the movie, and hurried inside. When the movie started I was literally blown away by the 3D. The layers on the screen, the fact that everything seemed to have volume... It made you realize how unreal a normal movie is in 2D. However, when the first amazement wore off (which happened quite fast), there was hardly anything left to enjoy: surprisingly two-dimensional, cardboard characters and a real american movie: afraid to make something with depth and grey areas, instead of the black vs white story we got here. This is a movie for kids. Ferngully with a bigger budget. If you really want to say something about society, you have to bring it in an adult way, more realistic and less simple.

Props to Zoe Saldana though for her voice acting and facial expressions. Hers was the only acting that kind of amazed me. And if you've never seen a 3D movie: go check it out. I only thought it was kind of sad that the artwork and the cgi were so videogame-like that the 3D aspect of it didn't really convince me as much as it did in the normal, human, spaceship scenes.

My boyfriend and my friend agreed with me wholeheartedly. But hey, at least now we can tell people we've seen the movie if we want to badmouth it again :-D

here's a sweet picture of me and my boyfriend I made yesterday:
I love me some facial hair, I always tell him not to shave :D

13 comments

  1. Super cute dress!! and it looks great with the boots :)

    I walked past COS this morning while I was out and saw in the window lots of new spring things and some great bracelets, I am going to take a better look in the next few days :)

    And that is a super photo of you both, how lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love COS' accessories, always different from what you see in other shops. And I love their essential aesthetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super in love with that dress. Man, I want little white dress so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of those looks that i could totally devotedly wear (is that a correct sentence :p)
    even better live brought alive, so stunning! and it captures your personality so well..

    don't forget to check if they have it in small of medium for me :D

    on avatar: impressive; you have ultramodern 3D technology and 3 hours and yet you can't seem to add the slightest bit of depth to your characters! i felt like the primal target public (grown ups ?!) has already seen far more injoyable variations with less predictable plotlines(remember Disney) and they don't even need 3D to convince us! we've seen this before, and in this case renewal doesn't equal progress.. move the fuck on! (yes i'm mad i paid 7 euros and gained a pount eating a whole bag of chips to compensate the lack of other stimulation)

    solely on the 3D aspect: works great on human actors! the lead role playa was hawt in all dimensions :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was it looked like (in COS) lots of dark chunky wood/leather bracelets. I ran out of time today so I will go and look tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. shana: I'll check for the sweater tomorrow, but I'm sure they don't have the dress anymore :( I'll let you know! and yes, the main actor was a cutiepie but we didn't see enough of him :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. the details of the white dress is really lovely and exquisite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. shana: I'll check for the sweater tomorrow, but I'm sure they don't have the dress anymore :( I'll let you know! and yes, the main actor was a cutiepie but we didn't see enough of him :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was it looked like (in COS) lots of dark chunky wood/leather bracelets. I ran out of time today so I will go and look tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am super in love with that dress. Man, I want little white dress so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love COS' accessories, always different from what you see in other shops. And I love their essential aesthetic :)

    ReplyDelete