Summer frocks: Shein haul review

Summer frocks: Shein haul review

Hi babes! You know that some of my very favourite garments are summer dresses, and you also know that some of my very favourite summer dresses were bought on Shein. I feel like these East-Asian webshops are great at listing cute, feminine dresses that are on trend, budget friendly and don't demand hand washing like some similar pieces you can get at Zara or Mango. Another reason I love Shein is that they're one of the only East-Asian webshops that offer a wide plus-size range, and that they are very transparent when it comes to user reviews of items (positive as well as negative). I like knowing what I'm getting, and user reviews + pictures of the item being worn are the best source of honest info.

I just received my latest Shein order, and since so many people I know are still apprehensive about the webshop I'd like to contribute my own two cents to the world wide web (does anyone even say that anymore?) for other potential customers weighing their options.

What I ordered:

When things arrived, I was very happy with my order. The earrings are stunning (I've been getting so many compliments on them), and the tote bag is better than I had hoped. It's very roomy and it's lined with fabric + closes with a zipper, so your stuff is nice and secure in there. But it's the summer dresses I was most excited about, so I shot some extra pics to showcase the items!

Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review

I got the yellow gingham smock dress in a medium, and I could have definitely sized down to have a little less extra fabric. It still fits me fine though, and I think this is SUCH a fun dress. The type of dress you throw on for date night, or shopping, or for a picnic depending on how you style it. It's cotton, the fabric is comfortable on my skin (not scratchy), and it's not too short. Thumbs up! But would advise you to size down.

Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review

This checkered dress wasn't love at first sight for me (I had hoped that it would fit more snug on the hips and legs), but I have worn it 3 times already in the week that it has been in my wardrobe so I guess it was a grower? It's also mostly cotton, closes with a side zip, and provides enough coverage in front with a fun and airy open back. Definitely my type of dress. I think I even like the fact that the bottom part isn't too skin tight, makes it a lot more comfortable to lounge around in so I don't just wear this dress for "occasions". I'm a sucker for comfort, man. I got it in a size M and it fits pretty true to size in the bodice, so I wouldn't size down.

Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review
Summer frocks: Shein haul review

Finally, this pretty baby blue number! Probably my favourite out of the three because it's so flattering. It has a zip down the back but also some stretch, making it super comfortable and adaptable. The back is self-tie, also making it easy to adjust to your preferences and body shape. It's light and airy without being see-through, and it's cotton. What's not to love? Exactly the type of dress I live in while on holiday.

So yeah, I'm happy! If you're shopping from the US I have this discount code: "15styling" for 15% off. If you're shopping from the EU you can use "stylingdutchman" for 10% off when you spend over 65€. Happy shopping!

No comments