Introspection, flower fields and summer dresses

Flower fields and summer dresses
Flower fields and summer dresses
Flower fields and summer dresses
Flower fields and summer dresses
Flower fields and summer dresses
Gingham dress, retro sunglasses: c/o Shein - denim jacket: H&M - basket: Dille en Kamille

I spotted this field filled with purple flowers when we were on our way to the dentist, of all destinations, and I instantly made a mental note to return to take some pictures. Living in the countryside, I'm lucky in that the change of the seasons always brings a change in scenery with it as well - but of course fall and spring are the most beautiful in that regard. We haven't had many warm days yet over here in Belgium, but the wild flowers have been flourishing so there's an upside to everything.

I'm in love with this dress! It could be a Reformation dress, but at a fraction of the price. Honestly, I love the Reformation aesthetic, but just like with Realisation Par and all of those influencer-popular brands, I've heard time and time again that the quality does not match the hype nor the price point. And I don't have a problem with paying a bit more for that one perfect piece, but not if the quality is a letdown.

My birthday is this weekend! And the weather forecast is looking amazing so I'm stoked AF. You only get a bday on Sunday once every seven years (I think?) and I don't actually remember any of my birthdays having sun and 25°C+ temperatures, so this totally feels like a gift in an of itself. I can use some fun, because my boyfriend has not been feeling well the past days which has resulted in some dumb arguments and just an overall less than ideal atmosphere. 100% ready to move on into the weekend!

I always second guess myself when I share some more negative thoughts and reflections here (should I, shouldn't I?), but I'm still convinced that if there's one thing the internet can use, it's a little more realism and perspective. Not everyone's life is sunshine and butterflies all the time. Sometimes I deal with stress and anxiety, sometimes my boyfriend and I bicker, sometimes I fight with my girlfriends, sometimes I hate my job, sometimes I feel like all I do is mess up. I like to take pretty pictures but please never think that anyone else's life is perfect because it isn't. And the older I get, the more I realize that life is exactly that: realizing that we're all just making messes and failing and succeeding and zigzagging our way forward (and sometimes backward). Might expand on these thoughts in a retrospective birthday post. I feel like I've evolved so much since turning 30.

Anyway, hope you like the look, and speak soon!

No comments