Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

Hi dolls, I'm back with a beauty review of the recent L'Oréal Paris x Isabel Marant capsule collection! Isabel Marant is pretty much the epitome of Parisian Cool, representing a relaxed elegance that always manages to look stylish and fresh yet effortless. And that's pretty much what all of my fellow female hustlers want out of their everyday beauty routine, right? This collaboration was sure to spark the interest of many, so I'm happy to let you guys sneak a peek to assess whether you might want to pick up some of these items for your own beautycase.

The collection contains all the basics: a mascara, seven lipstick shades ranging from a rosey nude to a deep wine shade, a liquid blush that doubles as lipgloss, smokey eyeshadow and a highlighter/beautifier. I received the lightest and darkest lipstick shades, the highlighter/beautifier and the lip/cheek gloss. Let's take a closer look!

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

I quite like the packaging - the shapes we're used to from L'Oréal, in a modern, matte monochrome version that feels luxe but still fresh.

I was most eager to get my grubby little hands on the cheek gloss, so I applied three dots that I worked in by patting them out with my fingertips.

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review
Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

Uhm, love. This is exactly the type of natural glow a lot of highlighters promise but can't achieve, and the gloss totally makes it look like your cheeks are just naturally that perfect pink shade. I would absolutely buy this cheek gloss in more colours - a peachy/orange shade would be so good for fall! The cheek/lipgloss retails at about €11 at Feelunique or €16.99 at Di.

Next, I tried the beautifier/highlighter. I again, I applied it with my fingertips, dabbing it along the bridge of my nose and my cheekbones. The texture was kind of funny, sort of similar to a lip balm but setting to a powder-type finish.

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

Because of the powder finish and the product being 100% matte, I don't really see a highlighter effect here. The beautifier  aspect is a little vague to me - supposedly it cancels out imperfections, but apart from maybe minimizing pores a bit I don't really see any effect. Not a must have for me, but if you want to give it a go, it retails at about €14 at Feelunique or €16.99 at Di.

Moving on to the lipsticks! 

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

The typical creamy texture and powdery smell of L'Oréal lipsticks is definitely here. This first lipstick is Bastille Whistle, a beautiful, soft rosey nude that is very close to my own lip colour. Not completely matte, there's still a slight glow there. Lovely shade, great basic to have in your makeup stash!

Beauty: L'Oreal Paris x Isabel Marant makeup review

And this is Belleville Rodeo - can I just say WOW? Such a perfect red wine shade, applying so smoothly and evenly, disguising possible dry patches and brightening my complexion. I completely love it and see this as the perfect lip shade for a night out after a day at the office - no need to add drama to your eye makeup, just add some wine red lipstick and muss up your hair and you're good to go! Totally French girl chic. The lipsticks retail at about €12.90 at Feelunique, or €16.99 at Di.

I have to say this capsule collection is a winner for me. It really embodies everything fans love about Isabel Marant while bringing the quality we appreciate L'Oréal for, at their regular, affordable price point. Definitely check out the gloss, and see if you have any need for a perfect wine red lipstick in your stash.

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments