Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq

Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
 crop top: Forever21 - white high waisted straight leg denim: Monki Kimomo jeans - sandals: c/o Wonders shoes - suitcase: c/o Kipling - handbag: Kate Spade NY

Hi babes! We've just turned our back on an extended weekend with, sadly, super crappy weather, so let's enjoy a throwback to the night we spent at Hotel Franq a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful venue, my favourite Belgian city and weather that felt like high summer - heaven. Also, because the hotel provided such stunning backdrops, I took full advantage of that by making frequent outfit changes, swanning around in my vintage Dolce & Gabbana (finally found an occasion to wear it!) and Laura Ashley dresses. Enjoy!

Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq

Hotel Franq is a relatively new hotel, set in an old bank building and decorated in a way that I would 100% love to replicate in my own home. Leopard print foot stools? Blue and tangerine coloured velvet couches? Marble and brass accents? Coffee table books about the French Riviera in the 60s? Sign me up ma'am.

Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
 dress: vintage Dolce & Gabbana via Think Twice - earrings: Mango

The bedrooms are a little more neutral/minimalist, but very neat and chic. Super comfortable beds too, and a rainshower aka my ultimate life goal. Nothing beats submerging yourself in a rainshower.

Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
 mules: c/o RAS shoes - denim jacket: H&M

How about those Twin Peaks vibes in the hotel lobby? I love having a beautiful venue to dress up for. Easily the best part about weddings. Except celebrating love and all that jazz of course.

velvet coach, pink tassled mules, laura ashley midi dress
velvet coach, pink tassled mules, laura ashley midi dress
Travel: a weekend in Hotel Franq
 midi dress: Laura Ashley via Think Twice

I do feel slightly ridiculous for posting myself rocking 3 different outfits in and around Hotel Franq, but this is basically my favourite hobby: treating myself like a Barbie-doll. No one ever really grows up, I guess. And bear in mind that these pictures were taken over an afternoon, an evening and a breakfast outing, so two outfit changes really isn't too outrageous if you ask me. Allowing myself to be completely impractical and enjoy a whirlwind of outfit changes is honestly one of my favourite things about being on holiday. Sartorial freedom, man. Hope you like the looks!

No comments