70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket and Cowboy Boots

70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket, leopard skirt and Cowboy Boots
70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket, leopard skirt and Cowboy Boots
70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket, leopard skirt and Cowboy Boots
70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket, leopard skirt and Cowboy Boots
70s Vibes in Plaid Utility Jacket, leopard skirt and Cowboy Boots
 plaid utility jacket: Monki - leopard mini skirt: c/o Shein - beret: Primark - cowboy boots: Steve Madden, thrifted via Depop - handbag: Kate Spade NY - knit sweater: New Look

Hi babes, swinging in with an outfit today! I've been obsessing over cowboy boots for a couple of months now,  and today I'm debuting these lovely babies I thrifted on Depop. Second hand shopping will always have my heart, and there really is no better way to find quirky pieces on a budget. These boots are in excellent shape and exactly what I was looking for: black, shiny leather, and some cool detailing for that true Western look instead of just being cowboy-boot inspired.

They seemed like a logical match with this perfectly boxy plaid utility jacket I bought at Monki in the sales. I'd noticed the jacket before on other bloggers and in the Black Friday sales, but I never got around to buying it myself. I couldn't get it out of my head though, so when the price dropped again I had to get it. It's very different from all the coats and jackets I already own, which is saying a lot since coats are definitely my major weakness (apart from shoes and hats). And since I love a good print mix, I paired the coat with this leopard mini skirt I ordered off Shein - it's only €12 and I like it a lot, but I had to take it in a bit along the hips because the shape was a bit weird on me. If you have fuller hips, this one will work like a charm on you. PS, get 10% off if your order is over $60 with promocode 9styling!

The whole look came together looking so very 70s, and I feel like the backdrop we used here totally complements that vibe. I don't know why this little fence and the wilted branches revoke a 70s atmosphere to me, but they do. All this look needs is a little sepia overlay and it's good to go!

What else is going on in my life right now? I just concluded my first week at the new job, which was a lot to take in but also very inspiring and reinvigorating and I'm ready to dive in and bring what I have to give to the team! Apart from that I have also started working out for pretty much the first time since my teens. I've never considered myself an even remotely athletic person, but my boyfriend and I wanted to start working on our health and fitness together and I have to say I'm actually really enjoying it! It's a great way to shut out worry and stress and recenter my focus on myself and my body, like a form of mindfulness. I'm not a big cardio fan so it's mostly weight training, and I'm definitely looking forward to transforming these noodle limbs into something stronger.

Anyway, hope you like the look!

No comments