Outfit: striped knit and Monki/Dickies trousers



striped knit top: c/o Shein - camel trousers: c/o Monki - belt: Gucci - sandals: c/o Wonders - basket: Dille en Kamille - cat eye sunglasses: Bershka

Hi babes! How was your week? Mine was filled with high highs and some challenging moments. The best experience was without a doubt my birthday celebration with my girlfriends. We went out to Smaeck, a croquette restaurant in Antwerp (as a Dutchie I obviously love croquetttes), enjoyed our gin tonics just a bit too much, ended up in a laundromat to take instax pictures and concluded the evening at a cocktail bar where I kept it alcohol free because I had already had way too much fun. I'm so lucky to have so many amazing women in my life.

The lows were more stressful moments at work, but let's not dwell on that and let me move on to another positive: acquiring these Monky trousers I had been eyeing for about two months! If you were a teen in the late 90s or early 00s, you remember Dickies trousers as the perfect slightly preppy take on the skatepunk look. I never actually owned a pair, but the look is incredibly on-trend again. I love how these combine casual comfort with an element of stylish sophistication, and how easily you can dress these up or down. I went for a colourful look featuring this fun, 70s inspired striped knit top and this funky pair of sunglasses I picked up. This high waisted, slight flare culotte type trouser is 100% my fav silhouette of summer 2018 btw, so flattering.

Hope you like the look!

No comments