Off The Shoulder Top and Vintage Skirt


top: ASOS - skirt: vintage via Think Twice - slingback pumps: H&M - watch: c/o ISMY - sunglasses: c/o Oakley


I've been really liking this trend of off the shoulder tops that's been having its moment the past months. I'm especially in love with this top, but it's kind of unpractical and I wasn't sure if it would look good on me so I couldn't justify spending 32€ on it. I COULD however justify spending 10€ on this basic little top, so that's what I did! I don't remember where I saw this type of look first, but an off the shoulder top with an emphasized waist and a retro midi skirt is just one of those iconic looks to me. The kind of outfit that makes you feel like a lady. A SEXY lady. Very feminine and chic, but swap the pumps for some sandals and it goes from fancy to flirty and bohemian, especially with messy hair or a top knot.

I wore pasties with the top, btw. I wanted that free feeling but I didn't think nipples would look nice with the outfit (lol), so I popped some of those silicone nipple cover thingies on. I don't really need my boobs to look like they're perfectly round and perky balls of plastic, but pasties do smoothen things out a bit. Looks more polished. I got mine at Di, some Eylure nipple covers. Definitely recommend them!

PS: my red lipstick is a new tube I got in a Gosh sale, it's #60 Lambada and it is my perfect red. Luminous, neutral poppy red that goes on like velvet and wears like a dream. Another recommendation!

PPS: don't forget to check out my Katy Perry false lash giveaway!

Question: do you ever go bra-less? If not: why? Because yeay free boobs!


12 comments

  1. I just love this outfit - and the print on that skirt is fab!

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay free boobs indeed! People should definitely stop mystifying nipples. I actually wrote a quick post on the subject (http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.it/2013/08/on-going-braless.html) almost two weeks ago. Also, I hope to live enough to see a day in which women could go around topless like men if they want to, but I think this is not gonna happen soon, ugh.
    About the outfit I really love how you incorporated a vintage sweet piece with other "edgy" elements. Very harmonic, you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look on you! So feminine and retro yet totally "now" also.


    I would love to go braless but I am too self-conscious. My boobs are on the big side and I don't think I could comfortably go out braless unless I was wearing a dress/top with some kind of support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% and I would totally go topless if it would be accepted because I love the feeling of the air on my bare skin! going to check out your post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kind of top or dress you're wearing can make a huge difference indeed! I don't like the look of my braless boobs under a normal, high neck t-shirt for instance, just looks like I'm wearing pajamas. But pasties do help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going braless! I used to be completely petrified, mostly because I had really big boobs (and gravity wasn't very kind to them), but I had them reduced ten years ago and since a couple of years I've finally grown confident enough to go without a restricting bra. Especially in summer it's very liberating, but I must confess I usually only go braless when the outfit calls for it (e.g. cutouts in the back etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is SUCH a classic look indeed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So classy, love it, especially the skirt. And might I just add: you look like Katy Perry, but even more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww shucks! you are too sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look divine! The skirt is fabulous, great design and colours. And you must have bought a new camera or lens, i think the pictures are different...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt! You look so lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nope, the same equipment as usual! but thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete