Board Shorts and Breezy Back


top: H&M (cut up myself) - board shorts: Ebay -  knuckle rings: H&M - sunglasses: Oakley - ear studs: ASOS- sandals (sandalen): H&M (similar: these from Papucei)


Outfit! I think board shorts are really underrated. More relaxed, comfortable and covered up than your regular denim shorts, but at least as cool. I got mine here for mega cheap but there's loads to find on Ebay if you don't like the print on this one! Be sure to check the sizing closely though, these are an XXL because the seller used Asian sizing.

The top is an oldie, like 8 years old or something. I found it in the back of my closet and cut it up to give it some new life. The back used to be simply closed with a keyhole cutout near the top and there used to be a band at the bottom to make the top fall a bit blouse-y. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I cut the band off and opened up the back. Perfect for summer weather. And yes, summer seems to have returned!

We're making the most of the last beautiful days and we have a few fun trips planned for tomorrow and the day after, since my boyfriend starts working again next Monday. We might make the trek down to Wallonia, the beautiful south of Belgium, again. A trip to the pool is also on the menu, yeay! Do you have any summer plans to perfect before the most beautiful season runs out?

Btw I have a fun giveaway coming up one of these days, be sure to watch this space!


10 comments

  1. Heel erg leuke outfit! :) Ik zag dat je op tv kwam in: "In stijl met Lien". Heel erg leuk!

    Neem deel aan de give-away voor het één jarig bestaan van mijn blog!
    http://leenphilips.blogspot.be/2013/08/give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! Very beach babe cool vibe going on here. I love that you re-purposed that shirt, it looks awesome now. Also, I am seriously wanting your sandals!


    As for plans for the rest of the summer...I live in Florida so it will be warm here for a few more months at least! I do want to go to the beach more, I've only been a few times this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you tell me what Oakleys those are? They look like frogskins, but I cant find that colour combo on the website... they rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep they're frogskins in what they call "pink" but it looks more red :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah you're so lucky!! I guess I wouldn't feel the need to go to the beach often either if I lived so close to it and the weather was always nice. I we have like 2 months of summer weather at best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.graffitishop.net/Oakley-Frogskins-Acid-Tortoise-Pink-Ruby?pid=49&prid=10679 just found them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. leuk topje, maar van de short ben ik minder fan! mijn zusje draagt altijd van die shorts, en dat doet ze zo over-sportief op het strand buh en voel ik mij altijd lui (wat ik ook wel ben haha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shorts are so fun! i love the print! :)

    Rachel Emma
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete