I Wear My Heart On My Nails (I'm So Witty)



I love everything about these pictures: my purple hair, my sky blue dress contrasting against the warm brown in my coat and accessories, the light, the church and my awesomesauce nails. I saw this picture on tumblr and fell in luuurv with the retro classiness of this cute manicure. Totally something you'd see on Dita Von Teese, but still very wearable if you're not too keen on the super dressed up look. I just freewheeled it: starting with a base coat and adding the two arches carefully, after which I filled in the heart and filed my nails to a more pointed shape. A must try!

I might look like I'm strolling by the Notre-Dame all casually and retro-y, but this is just our local church. I love churches. If the beautiful architecture isn't enough, churches are always ridden with stupid birds. A dove was watching me and my guy while we were taking pictures, and it had the STUPIDEST look on its stupid face. Like for real, I couldn't get over how stupid it looked. I even did an impression of the stupid dove.



Let's go in for a close up.




Seriously, THAT stupid. But my face looks normal sometimes too, don't worry.


dress, coat, cardigan: Think Twice vintage - tights, belt: Pimkie - bag: Zara - shoes: swapped with friend - beret: old



BTW I did a guestpost over at Crimson Rosella about chasing dreams. If you like my writing, go check it out!

27 comments

  1. Die 1ne foto waar je recht in de lens kijkt is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful outfit! I love the colour combination, and your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are too cute! I've been really into painting my own nails lately, and I think I might have to give this a try! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lololol i love your dove impression. and your outfit! i see coats like that in thrift stores all the time but can't think of a way to make them work, i love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erg mooi outfit en leuke foto's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally digging your dove impression. :-D Prachtige jurk en je haar is zo mooi aan het verkleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really digging your coat, so warm and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your nails are really cute...
    love the shoes

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sky blue dress, it's so pretty!! And it definitely looks lovely with that brown jacket and your cute little nails. So pretty!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty! And I love your dove face, hahaha, oh doves :)
    I am still so in love with that coat!! And the nails are so cool
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outift as usual. Your nails are awesome, you have to show us how you managed to do that! I'd love to do that for valentine's day! xx
    chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarisch. Ik stem voor dove facing als het nieuwe planking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cream/white accessories-- now I need to hunt down some lacy tights and a cream beret! Lovely setting too despite the dove incident. Is your coat leather? I like the unusual texture and the combination of the earthy brown with the sky blue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, this outfit is amazing, I adore your dress and coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I think it's suede! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your nails are awesome! :) I'm going to give them a try if a take a studybreak :D
    May I ask where your lipstick is from? :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha duiven trekken echt niet zo een gezicht :D maar ze zijn wel stom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're adorable. I <3 you. Pigeons and doves make me laugh, pigeons especially, they're so pompous. Plus watching a fat bird waddle about is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The silly photos today are great! I love when bloggers aren't so serious all the time :) AND I am so inspired by your nail art, its so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh you crack me up!!! Love that face. I'm pretty impressed by your nail art too. My coordination skills wouldn't allow me to do such a neat job, so I may take this idea and give it to my sister to do for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The mix of cream, blue, and brown in this outfit is so classic and pretty. Also, I'm in love with your heart manicure! Maybe I'll have to try that for Valentine's day.
    I really really loved the close up. Looks like a face I would make.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this look! the light blue and the brown together, the perfect dress :x oh, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, how cute are the heart nails? I have to try that out!
    Loving the stupid bird face.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the nail and coat are the best, well no, perfection!

    xo katrina
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You always show so much personality in your photos and are such a sweet woman. I really love your dress and how you put it together with all those brown tones!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look amazing!! Love your style!!
    Cute coat!!!
    xoxo

    WonEphe
    http://wonephe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete