Update and IFB: Links à la Mode

Hey guys, checking in to tell you guys what's happening. I have hardly been at my computer the last two days so I haven't really had the opportunity or the energy to do a blogpost. 

Yesterday in the afternoon I got a call at work from my sister in law telling me my dad was basically dying.

I called my boyfriend crying and we hurried over. My dad wasn't responsive, he had been throwing up and his bloodpressure was off the charts. We called our brother in America telling him he should hurry over to experience some last moments with our dad and waited for the ambulance to transfer him to a bigger, better equipped hospital.

After hours of worrying, my dad's situation seemed to stabilize. We went home after seeing him settled down on intensive care. 

This morning we got a call telling us my dad was doing better, his bloodpressure had dropped significantly and he was even trying to speak. Right now, our hopes are up again. 

I'm incredibly thankful I have been able to share this ordeal with my family and our other halves. My boyfriend has been amazing, driving me everywhere and putting up with my frustrations. It's moments like these that make us realize how important it is to share feelingns and worries with others.

We've all been experiencing an emotional rollercoaster the past few days. Where do we stand without our parents? Should we have done things differently? Does my dad know how much we love him? Shouldn't we have told him more, asked him more, shared more? 

After all, our parents are people with their own life, past, feelings, dreams and fears. Somehow, even if you grow up you keep seeing your parents as just that: your parents. Is it ever possible to have an honest human-to-human relationship with our parents, to appreciate them for who they are instead of for who they are to us? 

As a kid I was always incredibly scared of losing my parents. I remember asking my dad over and over again if he was going to die, and he always assured me he would live up to the ripe old age of 120, at least. It never really stopped me from worrying though.

One thing's for sure: if and when my dad gets out of the hospital, I'm taking him with me to our favorite pizza place in Lokeren to introduce him to the best pizza in Belgium.

  
My dad at the beach appreciating someone flying a kite, one of the family outings I remember best.

I haven't taken any pictures of myself the past few days but I assure you I still look the same and I am wearing clothes. My priorities just lie elsewhere right now :)

************
Reading blogs can be a great way to clear your mind from worrying. My pincurl tutorial was featured in IFB's Links à la Mode roundup, an amazing instrument to spread love and promote quality in blogs, so spread the love and check out these posts! :-)

Season of Change

Edited by: Meghan of WIT & Whimsy



One of my favorite parts about fashion is how the seasons influence our style. As summer winds down, and as this week’s Links a la Mode showcase, it appears we fashion bloggers are ready to usher in fall and embrace layering, new trends and an entirely new season full of ways to rework our wardrobes.

The IFB Weekly Roundup: LINKS À LA MODE: September 1st

SPONSOR:
Fashions Night Out at Shopbop: Chaser Tees, Vince, Tbags LA, Freecity, Obakki, Maison Scotch, Aiko, So Low, Joie, Siwy, Wilt tees, Cut 25, & UGGs.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine


17 comments

  1. Sending love and hugs your way darling <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your dad and your family (and you!) in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi beautiful, I'm glad your dad is doing better, I send you a big hug a one for your dad.
    Have a great day and congrats on the feature

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oyy...*HUGE HUG* I am so glad the situation is stabalized and hope your dad makes a full recovery. I can't imagine what you guys must be going through, it's such a hard situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even imagine the "emotional rollercoaster" this must be, as you say but I think it's really great what you say about sharing your feelings with others and about human relationships with our parents, this is definitely something I've been trying to work on the past few months in fact. Of course, most importantly, I'm so happy to hear your dad is doing better now. Keep showing him the love and encouragement and we'll keep sending good thoughts your day Annebeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what else to say accept wish your dad a full, speed recovery and give you a big internet hug. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your dad feels much better soon, sending good and positive vibes yours and your dads way for a fast recovery! *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so sorry to hear that about your dad, but i am glad he seems to be getting better. i will keep you in my thoughts <3


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts are with you and your family right now love!

    <3M

    ReplyDelete
  10. lady. I am so sorry. These times are so hard and scary. I hope you are taking time to take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets better very soon. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I trust you know that all of our thoughts and prayers go with you, your family, and specially your dad. Don't even worry about the blog: a reader will be able to know why you're not posting. I'm sending you all the best energy I have, and my best wishes - everything will be all right, you'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh girl! ik hoop echt dat het in orde komt! veel veel sterkte! Soms als de telefoon gaat dan denk ik ook het ergste, mijn vader is 67 en hij voelt zich 20! maar het is een leeftijd waar je je zorgen over maakt! Fijn om te lezen dat je vriend en familie je/elkaar steunt! dat is soms alles wat we op dat moment nodig hebben!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heel heel veel sterkte gewenst, Annebeth! Ik hoop echt dat je vader snel herstelt, ik denk aan jullie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very inspiring post Annebeth, and it really makes me want to spend some quality time with my parents. I'm glad to hear that your Dad seems to be doing ok at the moment, my thoughts are with you and your family. Even though we are all virtual friends, we all love you! I'm looking forward to hearing about what your Dad thinks of the Pizza when he gets better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad he's doing a bit better now, I can't even imagine how scary that must be for you. I seriously teared up while reading the first bit, what a hard situation. I'm so glad you have such wonderful support in your life at this time to help you through! Hopefully you can stay positive and everything will be alright
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete