Chocolate Palace with Camille

On a beautiful sunny Friday afternoon, I met up with my bestie Camille. She has started studying abroad in London since this school year, basically living the dream. But to follow that dream she had to leave us behind in sad old Belgium. Luckily she will come over to visit us losers once in a while, and when I got a text message informing me she was in Antwerp again and wanted to meet up, of course I jumped on the very next train! We talked about growing old, rice milk, chocolate, housemates and our bright futures but most of all we enjoyed each other's company. With real friends you don't need to look for subjects to talk about, just being around each other is satisfying enough.

We sat down for tea and some bites at the Café Impérial, a beautiful café on the Meir in Antwerp. The building used to be one of the Royal Family's palaces. Napoleon once spent the night here! It is used as a chocolate museum + factory these days and you can actually see the professionals make chocolate if that tickles your fancy. I would recommend dropping by just for the smell: the air inside is saturated with a rich chocolate scent, berry nice.

I'll keep my outfit pictures for tomorrow's post as today will be very picture heavy as is. Enjoy!



aaaah she so pretty <3 I love how turtlenecks make people look like floating heads :-D



Nom, very tasty. Some people next to us had ordered the lunch formula and they got adorable little triangular sandwiches, neatly arranged on plates. Just remembering our experience makes me want to organize a little tea party of my own with sandwiches and cookies and cakes. Anyone up for it? :-D

The chocolate palace was opulent and gorgeous. AND there was a chocolate frog prince!


This little guy was found crawling around in another chocolate sculpture, some grass with flowers. At first I thought the ladybug was fake as well, but then it started moving around! So funny it had actually found some fake grass and flowers to sit in. I tried to carry it outside but it didn't want to leave, it flew right off of my hand. High on chocolate I suppose!


Tip if you want someone to take your picture but you have a fancy camera and you don't want someone to run off with it: ask a WOMAN or a part of a COUPLE. Couples and women are trustworthy.

After a bit of tears we said our goodbyes, assured we will meet again soon. We're both at a crossroads in our lives, preparing our grown up futures and taking courageous strides in the right direction. We don't know exactly where we'll end up just yet, but we know we're on the right path.


PS: please like my picture here and help me win 250 euro!

16 comments

  1. Wonderful photographs!! The tea looks so delicious and so do those treats. What a fun day with a friend!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun day, I love seeing old friends! Being at a crossroads is tough! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great time!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh so much fun! I love seeing friends after a long time :)
    You both need to stop being so pretty :p
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the polka dots blouse - cute

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your blouse, and the food looks amazingly delicious :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate museum?? So jealous, I don't think we have one in the U.S.! Oh how I wish I could eat my way through your photos, everything looks so delicious. I'm definitely at a crossroads in my life too so I can relate, it's great that you can still meet up with your friend though when she has leave from school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time! You and your friend are so pretty. I'm trying hard not to drool over here just thinking about all that chocolate. YUM!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wana go to your tea party!!! Damn it!!!!
    Good tip on the stranger photo taking.
    You look so happy in these photos. clearly you had a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh how cute :) I'll come to your tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, the turtleneck comment made me giggle irl. And that food looks so. good. I love the idea of a good tea party with tasty nibblies. Too bad we can't have a giant blogger tea party with everyone from around the globe together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you two make such an adorable pair-- it looks like you had an ideal afternoon. i have the same dress you have on-- H&M last fall, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes it is! lovely, isn't it? :) very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah yes I think about that all the time! we would have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww this looks like such a great day!! and your friend is so pretty. nyaww i love having a best friend, it's the most awesome thing EVER! <3 voting now by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How different you look with that hair then the pink! x

    www.little-scribbler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete