Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag

Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag
Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag

Hi guys. Not one of my happier posts - we found one of our cats hit by a car yesterday, and we're all dealing with the grieving process. But I'm a firm believer of following your instincts in difficult times - sometimes that means retreating within your bubble, sometimes that means seeking distraction by carrying on with your normal day to day routine. And right now I feel like blogging, so that's what I'll do.

I received another Shein delivery (use code stylingdutchman for 10% off if you spend over €65) and I've spent most of the last warm days of summer wearing the pieces that were delivered. I got a size medium in all of the dresses and am quite happy about the quality and fit. The two puff sleeve dresses are my favourite because they once again remind me of brands like Reformation or Faithful The Brand: both a bit out of my regular price range but 100% the type of style I wish I could wear every single day. So you get why I'm aesthetic whenever I found a more budget friendly alternative with that same romantic look. I call these my Jane Austen dresses.

Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag
Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag
 
I had also been looking for a pearl/beaded handbag, and this one is quite cute. I do wish it had a longer strap to be able to wear it hands-free, but I might figure something out myself or DIY it - share tips if you have any! I'm thinking of adding a thin chain or something. This last pic also offers a better look at those earrings I was wearing in the previous outfit. Super 80s, and that's generally not my thing, but these are so cute. Makes me wish we could get another round of summer so I could pair them with polkadot bikinis, white dresses and off shoulder tops (not necessarily all at the same time).

Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag
Shein haul review: puff sleeves and a pearl handbag

And yes, I got a haircut. I haven't had a proper haircut (beyond a trim) for years, and I'm very happy to say I have zero regrets. It feels nice to have a change, to lose the weight of all of that long hair, to be able to play around with a new look. It also takes only a fraction of the time to wash and style my hair now, so I'm feeling freed.

The dress is also lovely, I especially appreciate its muted, sage green shade. Much less vibrant than in the webshop shots but I actually prefer it that way. Sage green is such an elegant, flattering shade. Only thing I don't like about the dress is that it's a mock wrap, the two sides are sewn together. I prefer an actual wrap dress because it just looks better, less cheap. A belt covers that up nicely, though.

Not my most inspired or inspirational post, probably, but this is where my mindset is at right now.

I'll be working at Filmfestival Oostende this weekend, hosting a screening of Euphoria (watch it, the series is amazing, some of the best I've seen all year) plus a panel debate on issues featured in the series like sexual identity, drug abuse, mental illness, self-destructive behavior, misogyny etc. It's been a lot of drudgery preparing everything (catering, transportation, ...) but I'm very excited to see everything come together and share the experience with the audience. Cross your fingers for everything to go well!

No comments