Beauty Review: Les Macarons liquid lipsticks by L'Oréal Paris

Beauty Review: Les Macarons liquid lipstick by L'Oréal Paris

Hi babes! I'm back with a beauty review, aka my favourite kind of post to put together. Today I'll be reviewing the new line of L'Oréal Paris liquid lipsticks: Les Macarons. L'Oréal Paris released a chocolate themed (and scented) line of liquids earlier, and this seems to be a continuation of their gourmand inspired cosmetics. I wasn't super excited about Les Chocolates (cool toned browns, very difficult to wear), but Les Macarons have a lovely shade range that are bound to have something for everyone. Let's take a look!

Beauty Review: Les Macarons liquid lipstick by L'Oréal Paris

I mean, how gorgeous? I was positively giddy when I opened this press package because it totally looks like a box of candy (or macarons, obvi), inviting you to dive in and start playing around with the colours. The ruby red on the right, the peacy tube in the middle and that purple spoke to me most, but as always the proof is in the swatching.

Les Macarons liquid lipstick by L'Oréal Paris swatches

OK so first things first: these do feel a bit "heavy" on the lips, slightly more so than my fav drugstore lipstick: the Maybelline Superstay Matte Inks. These are a wee bit less comfortable to wear and reapply than the Maybelline Superstay Mattes, so its not like Les Macarons might steal the throne. At first the product is super sticky, and after these set they crackle a bit and make your lips look drier. Still, there's plenty to love. 

They stay on your lips for ages. The shade range is gorgeous: that Blackcurrant Crush is probably the most flattering cool based purple I've ever tried, and I totally want to learn to wear purple lipstick on a regular basis now. Strawberry Sauvage and Infinite Spice are also favs, as I expected. I'm 32 yo, I know where my weak spots lie (pizza, white dresses and chelsea boots). The colours are incredibly vibrant and juicy, and pretty much smudge proof when set. I also think the sleek packaging is lovely, with the matte tube and the rounded edges.

At a price point of €14,99, this is a solid "like" for me. 7/10.

No comments