Outfit: relaxed professional

outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers


outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers and heeled sandals
outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer
outfit: relaxed professional in cropped trousers and heeled sandals
outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers and heeled sandals
blazer, trousers: c/o s.Oliver - top: JDY via ASOS - heeled sandals: Tamaris via Zalando - necklace, purse: & Other Stories
pictures by Nathalie

I've been drastically expanding my blazer repertoire lately, and this more relaxed, pearl grey version is unlike anything I owned before. Which is nice, because it creates options for new looks. I see this cut work very well with short dresses or skinny jeans, but I wanted to try something a bit more unexpected and keep the entire outfit quite loose and flowy. The end result is somewhere between elegant and casual, definitely a look I appreciate. 

And these sandals make another appearance on the blog! I love them to bits - I ordered them off Zalando a few weeks ago, and kept them in my bedroom for like a week before I finally decided that they were perfect in every way. I've gone off buying stuff that I'm not 100% into, so investing in a pair of heeled sandals that would work for the office as well as for dressier evening looks was quite a process. 

I didn't want a high heel, because I simply can't do a 8cm (or higher) stiletto heel because they make my feet shrivel up and die. But then I met the first hurdle: mid height (5,5-7,5cm) heels are ridiculously hard to find, especially if you don't want a wedge heel. And when I did find a number of lower heeled options, the straps were generally stiff and I could tell that the rubbing would be causing blisters within five minutes of wearing them. In the end I did find these, and I'm glad I did. 

I've never found a pair of heels of this height that I could wear for hours without any discomfort, but I have to admit that these particular sandals actually feel more similar to wearing flats than I would have ever imagined. I guess finding a brand that uses a last that suits your foot really does make all the difference! Here's to hoping I'll be able to find more where that came from.

7 comments

  1. Love the fit of those pants on you!

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! It's a silhouette I really enjoy as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are awesome. So glad you found a pair of heels that don't make your feet feel like falling off. It really is trial and error finding comfortable shoes! I'm loving your whole relaxed professional outfit here too. The blazer is perfect and so are those trousers. You look both amazingly comfy and put together at the same time.


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very valuable your blog info, and nice pic collection, i like this blog services.
    http://goo.gl/PsQwSD
    http://goo.gl/7GJzRq

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florentina ScusiJuly 8, 2015 at 12:56 AM

    Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die kleurencombo's van u <3 Ik heb ook gelijkaardige schoenen op het oog, maar wel plat :D
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete