Outfit: relaxed professional

outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers


outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers and heeled sandals
outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer
outfit: relaxed professional in cropped trousers and heeled sandals
outfit: relaxed professional in pearl grey blazer, cropped trousers and heeled sandals
blazer, trousers: c/o s.Oliver - top: JDY via ASOS - heeled sandals: Tamaris via Zalando - necklace, purse: & Other Stories
pictures by Nathalie

I've been drastically expanding my blazer repertoire lately, and this more relaxed, pearl grey version is unlike anything I owned before. Which is nice, because it creates options for new looks. I see this cut work very well with short dresses or skinny jeans, but I wanted to try something a bit more unexpected and keep the entire outfit quite loose and flowy. The end result is somewhere between elegant and casual, definitely a look I appreciate. 

And these sandals make another appearance on the blog! I love them to bits - I ordered them off Zalando a few weeks ago, and kept them in my bedroom for like a week before I finally decided that they were perfect in every way. I've gone off buying stuff that I'm not 100% into, so investing in a pair of heeled sandals that would work for the office as well as for dressier evening looks was quite a process. 

I didn't want a high heel, because I simply can't do a 8cm (or higher) stiletto heel because they make my feet shrivel up and die. But then I met the first hurdle: mid height (5,5-7,5cm) heels are ridiculously hard to find, especially if you don't want a wedge heel. And when I did find a number of lower heeled options, the straps were generally stiff and I could tell that the rubbing would be causing blisters within five minutes of wearing them. In the end I did find these, and I'm glad I did. 

I've never found a pair of heels of this height that I could wear for hours without any discomfort, but I have to admit that these particular sandals actually feel more similar to wearing flats than I would have ever imagined. I guess finding a brand that uses a last that suits your foot really does make all the difference! Here's to hoping I'll be able to find more where that came from.

No comments