Sales Wishlist FW 13/14

I promised you guys I'd tell you about my sales wishlist, so here I am with some pics and links. The mix of items might seem a bit random at first sight, but I assure you there is method to the madness. Clean shapes and classy silhouettes, topped off with a healthy dose of quirk. I might be a grown op working woman, but that doesn't mean I've lost my individuality. 

Less talk, more pics!



I've been slightly obsessed with finding the perfect basic cotton t-shirt lately. I found two tees that suited all of my needs (no cleavage but not neck-choking, flecked colour, thin fabric, loose and boxy) at H&M a few months ago, but one of them sprouted random holes near the bottom after one wash. I was SO pissed off when that happened, especially since before acquiring those two shirts I'd never realized how AWESOME a perfect tee can be. I wear one of them (yes, even with the holes, that's how much I love them) almost every other day underneath my sweaters because they are literally effortless and work just as well with a pencil skirt as with some jeans. But holes simply won't do, so I'm in the market for some slightly higher quality basic tees. Let's hope these COS t-shirts won't let me down! (nude // grey)




Another recent realization of mine is that I'd be perfectly happy if I could wear some leggings as pants every day for the rest of my life. I mean: they always fit like a dream, they are as comfortable as pyjamas (although I doubt those PVC ones won't be every bit as uncomfortable as I remember my old PVC pants to be) and they just make you look like a total cool chick. If I'm perfectly honest, I like them mostly because during winter time, they are the closest to feeling like you're going bare legged. Jeans and nylons are just too clingy, give me some velvet leggings any day of the week. (Velvet // PVC)




I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels more professional when I'm wearing something polished. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who likes comfortable clothing either. 'Fitted' and 'structured' are my sartorial arch-enemies. SO, meet the best of both worlds: relaxed, work appropriate dresses! I usually gravitate towards either sleeveless or short sleeved frocks with a high neckline, a short to mid-thigh hemline and a loose fit. I'd advise you to pay attention to fabric as well: no thin, stretchy fabrics here, because those fabrics cling to your nylons (creeping up and up) and show all the lines of your bra and panties. And that NEVER makes me feel professional. (Navy with draped back// sleeveless // cocoon // drop waist)




Finally, these statement sandals. For no practical reason except me really, REALLY wanting them. But just imagine that draped back dress styled with the gold disco platforms! Or if you really want to make a statement: cocoon dress + PVC leggings + gladiator sandals. Am I making sense yet? These pieces tell a story that starts with basics that you can grab and go in the morning, and ends with those items that allow you to show your personality while remaining understated. (Gladiators // disco platforms)

I always strive for some kind of logic. Logic brings calm to my frazzled mind. SO, what's your sales-logic this time around?

15 comments

  1. Especially loving the pvc leggings and gladiator sandals.
    My sales logic is not to blow all my money :D

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik ben dit keer extreem georganiseerd te werk gegaan! Bij het begin van de sale in Nederland op de NLse sites gaan kijken, wishlists gemaakt en prijzen genoteerd en ookal heb ik al VEEL gekocht, 't zijn allemaal wel dingen die ik erg graag wou aangezien ik toch een week of 2 bedenktijd had! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nu moet je wel vertellen WAT je hebt gekocht he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAAR HET IS ZO VEEL!
    zwarte suede laarsjes, jas met ingeweven patroontje, een wijde peplum top, een supermooie tas van & other stories (beste aankoop so far), kakigroene oversized bikerjas met pelsje aan de kraag, een fluffy gestreepte cardigan, nog een groen lederen tasje, een tie dye top enz enz enz!! Zo veel om over te bloggen, so little timez!

    ReplyDelete
  5. het klinkt heeeeeeel mooi, neem gewoon instagram foto's biatch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mijn sales techniek dit jaar was om basics in te slagen die een aantal jaren meegaan. Vooral omdat ik volgend jaar van plan ben om alleen te gaan wonen en ik voorspel dat mijn kledingbudget dan allebehalve genereus zal zijn. Maar eigenlijk heb ik nog niet zoveel gekocht so far. (Oeps!)
    Bij COS heb ik wel al twee heerlijke wollen truien ingeslagen. Maar enkele shizzles die ik eigenlijk nog nodig heb zijn een paar zwarte laarsjes, een nice fitting pair of jeans en een lekker brede broek (dit genre http://www.karlascloset.com/2013/01/pinstripe.html).

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I have the exact same problem with H&M shirts! I always though it was just me being extremely clumsy, but I guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauw er zitten heel erg mooie stukken in, vooral die jurken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mooie broek! ik heb een tijd geleden een prachtige outfit met wijde broek op pinterest gezien, en sindsdien overweeg ik het ook weer een beetje. Maar dan moet je er weer hakken bij dragen, en hakken en ik gaan niet samen :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leuke tshirts! En ze hebben ze in nog meerdere leuke kleuren precies! :-) Handig, want in de t-shirts van de H&M en Zara zijn bij mij ook gaten terug te vinden… Superleuke gladiatorensandaaltjes!!!

    ReplyDelete