Oversized Coat, Nike Air Max


coat: c/o Choies - sneakers: Nike Air Max - skinnies, fairisle sweater: H&M


I might seem like the girl who has every possible coat in the world, but I've been looking for an affordable, relaxed, long coat since forever. I used to want one to wear with my midi skirts and dresses during my vintage phase, as I'm obsessed with wearing the right hemline coat with the hemline of my skirts and dresses. I hate it when I'm wearing a thigh length coat with a knee length dress, makes me ridiculously self-conscious. But now I just love the long coat look with any kind of outfit. To me, the silhouette is very professional in an 80s yuppie kind of way, and the combination with a relaxed outfit like the one I'm wearing here feels fresh and trendy but very wearable. I'd recommend it to anyone! 

My coat is from Choies and is marked down to 65$/48€ right now. I wouldn't call it the warmest winter coat out there, it's more of a transitional coat for spring and fall. But with the ridiculously warm winter Belgium is having right now, that's actually just what I needed. I have zero negative remarks on the quality.

Here are some other options you might like.



Source, clockwise starting upper left: 1//2//3//4

It's still very hard to find long coats, but here are some more affordable alternatives to the ASOS outerwear in the above collage:





Which one is your fave? Or aren't you feeling long coats?


22 comments

  1. Hele toffe look, doet me denken aan deze grave griet! http://indiaroseblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. groot compliment want ik ben een biiiiig fan van haar, een van m'n lievelingsblogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still loving those sneakers, and great nail polish as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. the polish is from Catrice's ultimate nudes collection! total recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je handen zijn zo mooi! (odd compliment of the day)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha handen poseren is ZO MOEILIJK dus dankjewel :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. heerlijke combinatie vind ik , very berlin hipster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, amai... Precies de eerste keer dat ik Nike Air Max'en mooi vind. Staat je supergoed, Annebeth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mooie outfit! de sneakers zijn zalig!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this coat. I've been looking for a long coat that goes well with more casual looks as well. It is really hard in MN to justify multiple coats because it is so damn cold here all winter. You can really only wear a down type puffy coat or you'll freeze to death. Might have to get one of the ones you linked to anyway... :) PS. I'm so jealous of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yeah I totally understand. It doesn't get THAT cold over here usually, but we're still definitely in need of a good woolen type wintercoat, and since you end up wearing that coat for months during the winter time I really like being able to change it up or I feel like I just wear the same outfit every day :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that pink coat, but I'm having a lot affair with pink lately. I have coats coming out of my ears too, especially winter jackets, but I despise wearing a coat that might clash with whatever bit of my outfit is sticking out below!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing urban look! Love the dots of colour peeking from the toes of the sneakers!...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sneakers! Heb je een specifieke naam van the Nikes?

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.weare-shop.nl/nike-air-max-premium-schoenen-beige-grijs-fid-46353.html hier meer info, maar meer dan dit weet ik ook niet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yessss I know! I've been trying to get more classy and mature and not go for every trend, but if webshops keep offering me items I just choose ALL THE COATS. Did you see my new pink coat? It's just 28€ and SO gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zalige jas, volgens mij ook heel mooi met een hemdje!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete