Bomber Jacket and Pencil Skirt


bomber jacket: Pimkie - pencil skirt: H&M - sneakers: Converse - watch: ISMY 
pictures by Paulien


I guess this is what I wear when I don't consciously get ready for outfit pictures: Paulien messaged me about doing a quick outfitshoot during my lunchbreak, so I just grabbed my jacket and headed downstairs. So this is an actual work outfit in my life! I know, I'm hella lucky because I can just wear whatever.

So, the jacket! I told you I was crushing hard on the style of bomber jackets, and I spent about two weeks looking high and low for my ideal version: affordable, chic, not too athletic, and NOT TOO MUCH RANDOM SHIT on there. I mean, what is it about women's clothing that makes stores want to slap random prints, rhinestones, studs, appliqueés or words on there? I know I've talked about this before, but it really is a major pet peeve of mine. Especially because my boyfriend found a perfect bomber jacket at COS: the menswear is almost always so much sleeker :( But! This story has a happy end: I found this baby at Pimkie

Now, you have to know that Pimkie is a store that has a bit of a questionable reputation because they used to mostly carry very cheap party girl clothes (glitter, rhinestones, flammable fabrics everywhere). But I used to work there while saving up for university. And during my time there, I definitely noticed the efforts the management made to crank up the quality of both the fabrication as well as the styling. And now, 5 years later, here we are: you should seriously check out their collaboration with Camille Over The Rainbow because it is 100% perfect and I want all the coats. I'm really proud of Pimkie. They just need to change their name now, because Pimkie is a wack-ass name. And they DEFINITELY need to provide free or affordable international shipping! 

PS: they're having a big coat sale so if I were you I'd head down to your local shop to take advantage of that. Obviously I bought my bomber before it got discounted (whomp whomp, just my luck), so be smarter than I was and get that shit now! Some of my favorites: 1, 2, 3, 4.

13 comments

  1. Leuk jasje idd :) ik wil die kleur ook nog voor m'n Converse collectie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super leuke outfit! en zalige rok!! Ik moet zeggen dat ik inderdaad bij Pimkie altijd aan de slechte reputatie denk. Mss toch eens herzien ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO true wat je zegt over Pimkie! Vroeger was dat echt vreselijk, maar nu zijn er oms echt mooie dingen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuke outfit!! Ik heb vandaag dat witte biker jasje gepast en mijn gezelschap vond dat ik op een tampon leek haha :'( Ik dacht eerder aan Poppin' Fresh maar goed :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shoes! I like your outfit.So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coat is wonderful! Bomber jackets really are great. I love how this two-toned one looks with your cute pencil skirt. Those Converse are such a fun color too. They almost match your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. klinkt als een geflipte vergelijking :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echt een mooi jasje! En ik heb ook een paar echt toffe dingen van de pimkie, ze hebben er vaak heel fijne dingen tegenwoordig, soms nog een beetje zoeken maar da's niet erg, want dan loopt niet iedereen met hetzelfde rond ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh wat een gaaf jasje. Staat je goed zeg (leuker dan bij het pimkie model tbh!). Mooie kleur rok ook :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful outfit and you have awesome legs, are you a runner?

    ReplyDelete