Bomber, Beanie, Velvet and Sequins


bomber jacket: Pimkie - sequined sweater: c/o Boohoo.com - velvet leggings, glitter boots, beanie: H&M

And another Boohoo.com piece, the sequined sweater I mentioned yesterday. I noticed it matched my bomber jacket when heading out the door so I paired the two pieces. Which was probably for the best, since the sweater is cropped and I'm wearing velvet leggings as pants. I mean, I wouldn't want to OFFEND all those cry-babies out there who hate leggings worn as pants by showing them my legging-clad ass, you know. To which I say FEH because these velvet babies are way too fabulous to cover up with a dress or a tunic.

You might have noticed I look rather sullen (aka in a pissy mood) in these pictures. Let me explain: I was. I've had two kind of crappy days so any picture I took of me smiling looked fake. The kind of smile that doesn't go up to the eyes, you know? Just a combination of work-related stress (a thousand things on my plate + insecurity), exhaustion (SO over the cold weather and short days already, and it's NOVEMBER) and my dad's birthday being today. Yeay. Believe you me, birthdays are a lot more fun when the person whose birthday it is actually still alive.

Don't mind my morbid sense of humour. It helps me cope.

Anyway, let's focus on some positives: the outfit! 

I love it because:

- it makes my legs look a mile long
- it's totally sporty but also totally chic
- the velvet leggings, glitter boots and fluffy sequined sweater make me feel all Christmassy

So, what makes you happy on dark, dreary days?


19 comments

  1. we all love some glitzy glitzy in our lives, super outfit babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaaa mijn moeder en ik gingen laatst naar Waasland Shopping Center en daar liepen zoveel glittertruien rond dat we spontaan een spelletje spot-de-kerstboom gingen spelen, YAY!


    Ik vind uw outfit leuk en ik ben er ik twijfel of uw onzekerheid terecht is, slimmerik! (Nee serieus ik vind u toch een van de meest intelligent overkomende bloggers die ik ken!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. slim voor een blogger -> NOT SLIM AT ALL

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY BLOGGERS KUNNEN BEST SLIM ZIJN HOOR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoewel de outfit suuupermooi is, sla ik dit over om je veel sterkte te wensen. I know the feeling - als het de verjaardag van mijn mama is, kan ikvoor het minste uw kop afbijten. Dus heel veel hugs en denk aan de mooie momenten. ♥♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this outfit and your butt is really nice, so why not showing it ;)
    Do your thing and don´t mind all the crybabies, I would love that my girlfriend wears more leggings the way you do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je staat niet voor niets waar je nu staat, so chin up, babe! Life is a struggle, but u're fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes always make me happy! Hope things will go better this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deze outfit is right up my street! Beanies en bomber jackets all the way.
    Remedies tegen triestigheid/cold season blues zijn meestel nogal persoonlijk. Ik hou van indulgence op dat soort dagen, jezelf elk klein pleziertje dat je kunt vinden gunnen. Gewoon even compromisloos jezelf verwennen. En als ik tijd heb, naar de cinema. Ik ga sowieso graag naar de film, in eender welke bui ik ben. Maar als ik een beetje down ben vind ik het echt heerlijk omdat ik mezelf zo makkelijk kan verliezen in films.

    ReplyDelete
  10. goeie tip :) ik ben altijd te hard voor mezelf op dat soort momenten, te hard bezig met piekeren over alles wat nog niet perfect is om mezelf te gunnen even op te gaan in het moment en alles los te laten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iedereen heeft zo z'n off days, beter geen glimlach dan een n fake zeg ik dan! But you still look fab! Killer legs en n killer outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dressing Christmas-y when you feel blue is always a way to cheer up a bit. Good for you taking photos on a day where you were in a bad mood. I hope things start to look up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ik heb ook een aantal kutdagen achter de rug en vandaag werd ik zelfs hysterisch omdat mijn bf niet met mij naar de hunger games wou (ongelooflijk belachelijk), that kind of day. Anyway, hopelijk is 't snel beter. En ge hebt er de ass voor he, om enkel met leggings rond te lopen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve the jacket and how you wore it with black monochrome and the boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glitter makes me happy too!
    Ik denk dat heel veel mensen je blog graag bezoeken omdat je altijd eerlijk en jezelf bent en dat ook doorstraalt tot in je foto's. Op naar leukere momenten & temperaturen!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this cool, Annebeth look! Very sporty and chic at the same time.


    I'm sorry you're feeling down, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ik was al een tijd verliefd op de glitterlaarsjes die je hier draagt en ik heb ze zelf ook besteld (zij het in een licht andere versie) bij La Redoute. 50% korting = win! :)
    Ze geven echt zo een kick aan gelijk welke outfit. Totally in love with them!

    ReplyDelete