Motor Vest and Neon Beanie


motor vest: Forever21 - long sleeve, snake print skinnies: H&M - Nikes: Spartoo - rings: COS, H&M, Diamanti Per Tutti

Do you see this vest? I think it's really cool. You see, I'm not the biggest layering-fiend. It can feel very forced, too trendy, or annoying like "OOH I'LL JUST THROW ON ALL THE THINGS AND BE ON MY MERRY WAY". I'm more of a lazy dresser. I don't usually do loads of accessories, and there were a few years when I almost exclusively wore dresses because that meant I only had to pick one garment and shoes and be done with it.

In short: me + layering = it's complicated.

But vests are so cool. In a borderline wrong kind of way, you know? It's not chic. It's not understated. It's not exactly fashion forward either. It's just COOL. Literally cool, even! Like a jacket but WITHOUT SLEEVES, making your armpits cooler! Like woah, dude.

I initially had a different kind of vest in mind (been looking for a motor vest for like a year!), something stark white and oversized and hip length. 

Something like this:


 

However, when I found something along those lines at Forever21 it just looked nothing like I hoped when I put it on. Then I tried it on in black and I fell in love. After walking around a bit in store and looking at other vests I knew I didn't want gold metal accents, so in the end I settled on the vest I'm wearing here. The silver matches my wardrobe a lot better, and I like the mix of black and grey which makes it more versatile, not so much a block of black that makes my top half a (beautiful) square.

I'm keeping my eye open for the perfect oversized white vest though, I just think it would look so gorgeous in the summertime layered over super simple dresses or shorts + tops.

How do you feel about vests? :-D


26 comments

  1. Omg lovely! This is the perfect rockchick-outfit, imo. I'm obsessed with that look. Can't keep my eyes of the vest.. Would you mind if I use one of these pictures for one of my own blogposts with a link to your blog? You have been an inspiration to me for 2 years now and I would love to write a post on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means! Thanks for your adorable comment, I'd be honored :) and thanks for reading for such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool dat ge hem gekocht hebt, ik vind de combo heerlijk! Ik zou het zelf niet kopen, maar als ik het nu zo bij je zie krijg ik wel zin om er eentje in huis te halen :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ik vind ze echt het toppunt van cool. Ik wil er NOG EEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely try this look and I love your shoes, they seem very comfortable!

    xo

    Anastasia

    Natbee's Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. the MOST comfortable! I can't recommend them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heel simpel en idd leuk! Ik zou ook geen 'nee' zeggen tegen zo'n vest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wear sporty looks like no other! I always enjoy seeing what looks you come up with because these sporty outfits are so different from my style. This vest is definitely super cool and a great easy layering piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ik ben fan van de witte versie, heb zo een H&M'etje in de kast hangen die ideaal was vanwege het mooie prijskaartje. Maar deze zwart-grijze... moet ik nu misschien toch ook gaan halen :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be wearing it in more classic/girly outfits as well, keep an eye out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh heb je foto's van de witte?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik hou van het contrast tussen de kleur van je lippen en beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heel leuke vest (jaloers!)
    En die beanie is ook super :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Die eerste zin deed me meteen hieraan denken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nYbKipNtac :D Veel plezier ermee!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Win! Dit is denk ik mijn favoriete 'stijl', simpel en nonchalant. En de airmax maken het af natuurlijk.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yessss! In m'n voorlaatste outfit post! Hij is wel niet zo lang

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how sporty yet cool (haha, armpit breeze!) this look turned out. The vest looks good on you, can't wait to see how else you style it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not the biggest fan of neon beanies, but I love how you styled this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leuke outfit! Ik blijf die DpT ring echt to die for vinden! ^^


    xo
    Grietje

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ja lap, nu moet ik ook zo'n vest gaan kopen...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dat heb ik ook elke keer als iemand het woord vest nog maar gebruikt! :)

    ReplyDelete