Oh the weather outside is frightful

After a few days of perfectly gorgeous summer weather, the rain seems to hit twice as hard. I did sneak some pictures outside but then it started pouring again, and rain+storms are expected for THE ENTIRE WEEK. I HATE dressing for weather that is still quite warm but rainy and clouded at the same time. How do you dress on days like that? Too warm for tights, too rainy for bare legs, too sweaty for pants. Sadface

Oh well, at least my boyfriend was there to pick up my spirits. He took me out to dinner for my birthday and we ate at our favorite Italian place. We ordered some red wine, he chose the pizza he ALWAYS chooses, a pizza americana with a double base and a topping of salame, prosciutto, mushrooms and lots of mozzarella, and I tried something new with the pizza campagna that had parsley, mushrooms, onion, spicy salame and peppers on it. The pizzas were great as always, but I didn’t fully enjoy the use of parsley. That herb reminds me way too much of soup and autumn/winter so it felt kind of out of place, but that was my own personal opinion. The pizza’s you get there are huge so we didn’t have any space left for dessert, even though we contemplated sharing a tiramisu, but my boyfriend prefers the tiramisu I make so I promised him to make some next weekend instead. We talked about all sorts of silly things I can’t even remember, got a bit light in our heads because of the wine and just a great time. I love how I never get tired of spending time with him, even though I’m quite a difficult person when it comes to not-getting-bored-with-other-people.




 dress: h&m
bag: pimkie
shoes: sac d'anvers

This is what I wore: a simple, classic, comfortable wrap dress with my pink wedges and pink bag. Sometimes it’s fun to be all matchy. Sorry about the boring pictures, the weather was too awful to shoot outside!

A beautiful weekend in sum! Too bad the weather dropped :( oh shiz now I’ve depressed myself again :(

5 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great little celebration and now my tummy is rumbling hearing about those pizzas! Great outfit, it's so difficult dressing for those in between days but I think you've pulled it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pizzas do sound delicious! (Although I could do without the mushrooms, but that's just me..)

    And I love this outfit, it's very classic. Reminds me of vacationing at a seaside resort fifty years ago. All you need is some oversized sunglasses and a fruity cocktail! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much girls! :D lauren: that was the exact vibe I was going for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much girls! :D lauren: that was the exact vibe I was going for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great little celebration and now my tummy is rumbling hearing about those pizzas! Great outfit, it's so difficult dressing for those in between days but I think you've pulled it off :)

    ReplyDelete