Dust in the wind

Aaaaaah so here I am, with some spare time after my last exam and the one on friday. My exam went fine, there was one question I was quite unsure about but the rest was fine so it’ll work out. Friday it’s statistics and mathematics, but I’ve heard that the questions aren’t too difficult so I’m not stressing out just yet. Right now I’m sitting in the library, waiting for my boyfriend to finish work and drive home with him. There is some south american guy listening to an eternal loop of frivolous flutemusic on headphones opposite to me, but he’s only wearing the headphones half-up so I’m stuck here listening to this mindnumbing everlasting tweet tweeet music that reminds me most of the type of shit you hear in elevators or when a company has you on hold on the telephone.
But I’m keeping it chill!

 dress: pimkie, altered
shoes: sac d'anvers


This dress is one of my favorites because I’m a sucker for seethrough and floaty. I altered the sleeves myself: they used to me some sort of layered caps that only covered the top of my shoulders, but that just made my shoulders look broader so I hacked of one of the layers and attached it to the end of the other layer, thus creating some sort of cap/fluttersleeve I much prefer to the shoulderpad look. And you know my clog wannabes: they have the slightly farm-appropriate feel to them, but they are more elegant than closed clogs because there’s toes on display. I don’t think that the closed clogs will ever really be my thing, it looks way too clunky.
The weather was really nice up until 30 minutes ago, right now there is some kind of torrential downpour going on outside. Like seriously, it is raining SO hard that when you stand under some sort of roofing, a couple of feet away from the edge, there is still some kind of sprinkler effect going on because of the ricocheting rain. That shit is wack!

and I made my famous lamb risotto again yesterday:

Mitzicocoa asked me to post recipes so here's my best effort!
what you need:
green olives, lamb (I use the fillet), artichokes, risottorice, basil, tomatosauce (I use a tomatosauce that has several cheeses in it but a regular tomatosauce with some cream would do as well, just use a 'softer' tomatosauce, not too tart), cream, parmezan, a small onion, two cloves of garlic, olive oil, butter, pepper and some beef-broth. All the measurements are up to personal preferences, but I use the same amount of artichokes, olives and lamb as to have the right proportions. And be sure to have too much broth instead of too little, you don't want undercooked risotto and adding plain water isn't the same


preparation: start by preparing/heating the broth. I just use the dried bouillon you can add to boiling water. While the water is heating up, chop up the onion(medium pieces) and garlic(small pieces). Have a pan on the stove and heat a copious amount of olive oil with some butter, butter always enhances flavours. Add onions and garlic and let them have a few minutes in the pan until the onions go glazy (don't know what you call it in english, it means that it turns slightly seethrough :D). Add the risotto and stir until the rice is covered with oil/butter. Add a little bit of broth, cover the pan and let it cook. Now start cutting up the lamb, olives and artichokes. Keep an eye on the pan, adding small amounts of broth whenever the rice has soaked up all the fluids. When everything is chopped up, put a pan on the fire with a teeny bit of olive oil and when the pan is hot, throw in the lamb. When the lamb is brown, add olives, artichokes and tomatosauce. When the risotto is "done" (i.e. cooked enough), add a bit of cream, quite some parmezan and some grind some pepper over it. Chop up the basil, plate everything et voila!

20 comments

  1. You look so pretty!!!!!!! And your shoes are AMAZING! Not farmer at all! Ah, I need to go to Europe and get amazing faux-clogs. Seriously, Annebeth, please start posting recipes. I am a terrible cook and need inspiration!

    I got the trousers on my last post from H&M a week ago or so. Keep in mind Europe is ahead of Canada fashion wise... years... and retail wise... at least one or two seasons. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleeves on your dress looks Great! Such a nice dress:) LOVE your shoes...I think I am on the same page with you on closed toe clogs, it is making more sense to me how they can be a bit clunky. OH MY and your lamb dish! Looks soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je outfit is weer super geslaagd! Riem, jurk, schoenen! Alles past perfect bij elkaar =D

    En die regen is inderdaad abnormaal! Ɩ

    Waar studeer jij eigenlijk? =D

    *X*

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitzi: there you go, added some sort of recipe :D thanks!

    simplyhope: thanks so much honey!

    anastasia: dankjewelllll :D ik studeer aan de Universiteit Antwerpen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dream dress! I remember that I tried it on when it was in stores but it don't fits my body shape :-(
    But you know I'm a grey lover...so I really love that grey in grey look..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't like it without the belt either, did you try belting it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, i saw this on Chictopia but after seeing the bigger pictures, i love that dress even more! The colour, shape and the sleeves are perfect.

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So when I saw this post, I knew I just had to read it and comment because of it's title. My blog name (and name on chictopia) was inspired by the song "Dust in the Wind." I love Kansas <3

    I love your shoes!! So cute! Glad to hear your exams are going well. That food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha that is so funny! I'm not the hugest Kansas fan out there but Dust in the Wind is such a pretty song! thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty dress! Flutter sleeves are one of those things I love, but whenever I go to wear them, I'm just not feeling it. You look beautiful!

    A Curious Fox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your dress! The pattern is so cute and subtle, great color :) And it's perfect the way it's sheer and flowy!
    Your risotto looks wonderful too!
    And what's with the torrential downpours?!?! Here too! Makes it decidedly difficult to walk anywhere or wait for a bus! And makes it hard to wear anything other than sneakers and jeans... boo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to Kim for getting me here :) Love your grey dress Annabeth, soo pretty, LOVE it!!

    back again very soon! <3 Lily, the girl who came gift wrapped

    ReplyDelete
  13. summertime dreams: I wouldn't wear jeans and sneakers in the rain though, jeans get so icky, heavy and sticky when they are wet! :D

    the girl who came gift wrapped: haha, give my best to Kim! thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. summertime dreams: I wouldn't wear jeans and sneakers in the rain though, jeans get so icky, heavy and sticky when they are wet! :D

    the girl who came gift wrapped: haha, give my best to Kim! thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your dress! The pattern is so cute and subtle, great color :) And it's perfect the way it's sheer and flowy!
    Your risotto looks wonderful too!
    And what's with the torrential downpours?!?! Here too! Makes it decidedly difficult to walk anywhere or wait for a bus! And makes it hard to wear anything other than sneakers and jeans... boo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to Kim for getting me here :) Love your grey dress Annabeth, soo pretty, LOVE it!!

    back again very soon! <3 Lily, the girl who came gift wrapped

    ReplyDelete
  17. So when I saw this post, I knew I just had to read it and comment because of it's title. My blog name (and name on chictopia) was inspired by the song "Dust in the Wind." I love Kansas <3

    I love your shoes!! So cute! Glad to hear your exams are going well. That food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, i saw this on Chictopia but after seeing the bigger pictures, i love that dress even more! The colour, shape and the sleeves are perfect.

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sleeves on your dress looks Great! Such a nice dress:) LOVE your shoes...I think I am on the same page with you on closed toe clogs, it is making more sense to me how they can be a bit clunky. OH MY and your lamb dish! Looks soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Je outfit is weer super geslaagd! Riem, jurk, schoenen! Alles past perfect bij elkaar =D

    En die regen is inderdaad abnormaal! Ɩ

    Waar studeer jij eigenlijk? =D

    *X*

    ReplyDelete