Daisy Dukes


shirt, bustier : h&m
shorts: misssixty
shoes: ash

I do wish these shorts were higher-waisted. I’d prefer them to cover my belly button, but it is seriously hard to find comfortable high waisted shorts or pants. They always feel like a girdle and ride up your woohoo (to quote xtina), so it should be a stretchy pair with side zippers as front buttons/zippers only add bulk to your stomach. Not hot. Oh well, the quest continues. These shorts are actually really really old. My mom bought them for me when I was like 14 to wear around the house when it was hot. And boy, is it hot. Temperatures of 35° celsius are predicted for the end of this week. We only get temperatures that high once every few years! HEATWAVE

People are complaining, but since I have summer break, I don’t care. Hot temperatures just require a different lifestyle: instead of walking swiftly, you strolllllllll. Everything should happen slower, enjoying every second of the warmth and how much more beautiful everything and everyone is when it is this hot.
I won’t wear these shorts out to go anywhere though, they are just a tad too tiny. But for lounging around the house and tanning in the backyard, this is ideal. The combination of the high waisted shorts with the bustierbra reminds me of retro bikinis or underwear. I always contemplate buying one of those retro styles, but I probably wouldn’t wear them anyway as the lesser fabric, the better when you are laying in the sweltering heat. I love one piece swimmingsuits too, but I never wear them because I like my stomach tan! :D
I’m way excited for the sales, girls! When you grow up and you don’t get presents all the time anymore, the sales feel like your birthday, christmas and newyear’s all wrapped in one! I’m going to try and work up a wish list. I already know I want a cute summer cardi or two as the ones I have ar cooe all very dark colored and quite heavy too. I’d like a crocheted cardi or one with white/blue stripes. Shoes are always on the wishlist ofcourse, and I always buy my underwear in the sales as those things are way too expensive for something you hardly ever see.

Do you have a summer wishlist?


I’m cooking up chili con carne tonight. It’s been ages since I made it, does anyone have any tips? I’d like to make quacamole to go with it but I have no experience whatsoever with guacamole: what are you supposed to do with it? :D what does it even TASTE like? Hahaha, please help me out!

Oh and one last thing: I’ve ordered a tripod over the mail some days ago and I can’t wait for it to be delivered: excitiiiiiiing!

PS note to self: MUST STOP TOUCHING YOUR HAIRZ

9 comments

  1. You look a little retro and I do like it on you because everytime when I see Katy Perry she reminds me of you!
    We also have high temperatures here in the east of Germany..I think also about 35-37 degrees on Saturday.
    Mh my summer wish list..defenetly more pastells and flower prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw! Ik wil ook een bustier! xD

    Guacamole is héééél simpel en hééééééél lekker =D
    Je moet vooral zien dat de avocado's rijp zijn (anders ben je écht uren bezig... =p).
    Dan véél limoensap erbij doen (anders wordt de guacamole bruin! Limoen vind ik lekkerder dan citroen, dat is frisser voor dit weer=D), pikante paprika kruiden en verse grof gehakte koriander! =D
    Je kan er ook nog ontvelde stukjes tomaat en look door mengen =D gewoon veel fantasie hebben en het er allemaal bij gooien! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, bedankt voor de aanwijzingen! en ik hou van limoen!

    hoe moet je dat eigenlijk eten? Met tortillachips? :D

    thanks saskia! I like it when people compare me to Katy Perry, haha
    and florals and pastels are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja! super lekker! Of gewoon met Doritos of wat brood is het ook lekker! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made a summer inspiration set on polyvore!

    And here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy probably 90% of what you have on there, very prettyyyyyy
    shoes and dresses <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really pull off the belly bearing look dear! Supercute and sexy casual look!
    Oh yes I have a summer wishlist :D I really need a simple maxi dress and some sandals! Hope I'll find some before summer is over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ja! super lekker! Of gewoon met Doritos of wat brood is het ook lekker! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wauw! Ik wil ook een bustier! xD

    Guacamole is héééél simpel en hééééééél lekker =D
    Je moet vooral zien dat de avocado's rijp zijn (anders ben je écht uren bezig... =p).
    Dan véél limoensap erbij doen (anders wordt de guacamole bruin! Limoen vind ik lekkerder dan citroen, dat is frisser voor dit weer=D), pikante paprika kruiden en verse grof gehakte koriander! =D
    Je kan er ook nog ontvelde stukjes tomaat en look door mengen =D gewoon veel fantasie hebben en het er allemaal bij gooien! xD

    ReplyDelete