Beauty: Jane Iredale The Good Glow Sunbeam quad bronzer and Lipdrink review

Jane Iredale Lipdrink in Flirt review

Hi guys, today is a glorious day: the first time I review Jane Iredale products. Jane Iredale is known for high quality beauty products that are vegan and, being mineral makeup, good for your skin too. The brand is launching its The Good Glow collection come june 6th, and I received two products of the collection to review: the redesigned Sunbeam quad bronzer, and the new Lipdrink lipbalm shade called Flirt.
Jane Iredale Lipdrink in Flirt review

The Jane Iredale Lipdrink is buttery soft, softer than any other lipbalm I've ever tried - almost like Vaseline, except for the fact that Lipdrinks don't contain any petroleum jelly. Apparently, products that contain petroleum jelly are mostly good at sealing in moisture, but they don't hydrate or nourish your lips. The Jane Iredale Lipdrink does all kinds of amazing things for your lips: it contains SPF15, carrotseed and avocado oil, antioxidants derived from coffeeseed, blackberries and and green tea leaves and lemon and orange, which smells and tastes amaaaazing when you're wearing it.

Jane Iredale Lipdrink in Flirt review
Jane Iredale Lipdrink in Flirt review

As you can see, the newest addition to the range, Flirt, is a cool toned pale pink, and the coverage is sheer. The Lipdrink already comes in three other shades: a purple, a beige and a colourless version that's great for dudes who aren't into lipcolour but still need some lip-pampering. This is definitely a product that will come with me on my summer travels to keep my lips hydrated and protected from the sun. These retail at about €15-16.

Moving on to the showstopper: the redesigned quad bronzer in Sunbeam! What a babe, damn.

Jane Iredale Sunbeam blush/bronzer quad review

Originally, this bronzer was divided into four quarters instead of these horizontal streaks of colour. I love this new design because it makes it easier to swipe your brush across only one shade if you want to do so. I actually love that I received a refill rather than a compact: I've just started exploring depotting makeup and putting together my own makeup palette, and this one immediately got a place of honour in my large Z-palette.

But let's get down to business: how lovely is that combination of terracotta, olive green, pale pink and dusty rose?? The four colour rainbow reminds me of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, and I love an unexpected colour combo. I knew straight away that this pink-red leaning bronzer/blush would be very flattering on me: orange or brown leaning bronzers never look as natural on me as pink/red ones. Let's look at the swatches.

Jane Iredale Sunbeam blush/bronzer quad review

From left to right: the terracotta shade, the olive/brown, the pale pink, the dusty rose and finally all four of them swirled together, creating a gorgeous rosegold/tan colour. All four parts of the bronzer/blush are shimmery, even sort of glittery, so this is not a product for the glitter/shimmer-shy. I'm not one of those people, and I was excited to see that the Sunbeam bronzer is actually quite similar to my favourite blush everrrr: the Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay blush palette blush in Hush. Sunbeam is INCREDIBLY pigmented, you only have to swirl your brush lightly across the palette to get a nice amount of product and then apply it carefully, taking care to blend as you go because this product is so pigmented that it can easily apply patchy. I had no issues applying, however, just use a light hand! This is what it does for my face.

Jane Iredale Sunbeam blush/bronzer quad review
Jane Iredale Sunbeam blush/bronzer quad review

I also like playing with the application: swiping just the olive and the terracotta to shape and bronze, and using a combination of the rose and the pale pink as blush/highlight a bit higher on the cheekbone.

The Jane Iredale blush/bronzer quad isn't cheap, retailing at about €50. However, the quad is pure eyecandy, the pigmentation really is top notch, and this one also contains antioxidants derived from pomegranate and pinebark. Also, and this is the real selling point if you're a sucker for a good story like I am: this Jane Iredale bronzer actually contains 24-karat. Gold. Dust flakes. You can pick up your jaw from the floor now. If that doesn't lend you a luxe golden glow, I don't know what will. This blush/bronzer also comes in two other shades: the pale gold Moonglow (looks like an amazing highlighter), and the pinkest one which is called Rose Dawn, which is more like a blush. Sunbeam is my favourite though!

Jane Iredale definitely has The Good Glow on lock. These products will be available in stores from june 6th!

No comments