Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

Tuesday! I still have a bit of a cough left, and my boyfriend seems to have caught what I had last week and what my youngest stepkid had the week before that, but that just means that we're nearly out of the woods, because this was probably the last bout of illness before spring comes back full swing and recharges us with some much needed sunshine. The weather changing is probably the least original subject for smalltalk (smallblogging?) in human history, but I enjoy keeping track of the start of spring each year by comparing what I was wearing the same time last year compared to this time around. April was the time when it finally got warm enough to go barelegged again last year, so I'm crossing my fingers for that to happen soon this year as well.

Today's post is about the launch of a new product by Kérastase. I was invited to the LaurentPatrick hair salon in Tervuren to have my hair analyzed and styled by professionals. In the process, I also got to enjoy the most relaxing scalp massage EVER (one of the biggest frustrations of adult life is that high end salons and restaurants really do it better than their more affordable competitors). Seriously, I can't recommend the salon enough. Anyway, let's talk about Kérastase L'Incroyable blowdry!

Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review
Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

Do I look relaxed or what? That was not an act! I was seriously enjoying every second. I told the hair expert that my scalp had been acting up lately (I changed my birth control pill to Cerazette and it has resulted in bacne and scalp breakouts - yeay), but that my hair is fine and on the dry side. According to my hair analysis, my locks would benefit most from being washed with Dermo-calm and then being pampered with the oil enriched Kérastase Elixir Ultime hair mask. To notice any real results in my hair and scalp condition, I'd have to use these products for a longer stretch of time, but I can say one thing: the Kérastase Elixir Ultime mask left my hair super soft, and it smells amazing. Slightly coconutty, like summer in the Caribbean. The makeupalley reviews are also excellent, so check that one out if you have dry or damaged hair.

After the wash and mask, the hairstylist applied the L'Incroyable Blowdry lotion to my hair. L'Incroyable Blowdry was conceived based on three preferences/frustrations of salon clients:

- 90% of women opt for a professional blowout after getting a haircut over airdrying or rough drying
- many women complain about styling products leaving their hair looking too "styled" and weighed down instead of flowing and bouncy (think helmet hair)
- and finally, people like to change up their hairstyle a couple of times between washes without adding more styling products on top of each other, which is very relatable for me as a (beauty)blogger.

To deal with all of these issues, Kérastase formulated the L'Incroyable Blowdry formula, a styling lotion that protects the hair up to 230°C styling tools, leaves the hair light, soft and supremely shiny, and is reactivated whenever you apply heat over a temperature of 150°C, allowing you to restyle your hair again and again. The lotion is extremely light, it doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky nor does it make your hair look like it's got too much product in it. It definitely protected my hair very well, as I noticed a huge decrease in frizz compared to whenever I blowdry or even just airdry it myself, and most noticeably: my hair was left super shiny, and the colour also seemed more vibrant than before the wash. If you don't believe my review, check out Natasja's because she agrees with me wholeheartedly. Her hair also looked amazing after the treatment.

Pictures speak louder than words!

Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

You can see the amazing glossy effect of the Kérastase styling products very well in this picture. My hair looks like silk!

Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

And this is the end result after the styling. I mean, that is some QUEEN level hair, don't you agree? Too bad it was already too late to take pictures in natural light, so I took it upon myself to compare my regular post-wash hair with the effect I get after using L'Incroyable Blowdry (and a hairdryer).

Beauty: Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry review

If this doesn't illustrate the effect, I don't know what will. Again, my hair colour seems more saturated, more glossy, and my hair doesn't look as dry and frazzled (even though both of these pics were taken on windy days). I was also surprised by how much faster my hair seemed to dry all the way through when I used the styling lotion! I'm absolutely convinced and will keep reaching for L'Incroyable Blowdry when I want a sleek, silky look or curls rather than the natural soft waves my hair takes if I let it airdry.

Kérastase L'Incroyable Blowdry is sold at Kérastase salons, retailing at about €28 for a bottle of 150ml.

No comments