Outfit: burgundy plaid with lace slip skirt

Outfit: burgundy plaid with lace slip skirt


Outfit: burgundy plaid with lace slip skirt and chelsea boots
Outfit: burgundy plaid with lace slip skirt
burgundy nail polish with Diamanti Per Tutti rings
Outfit: burgundy layering, plaid shirt
chelsea bootsOutfit: burgundy plaid with lace slip skirt and chelsea boots
cardigan: c/o s.Oliver - skirt: Forever21 - plaid shirt: c/o Sheinside - handbag: & Other Stories - chelsea boots: c/o Wonders shoes - bracelet: c/o Luxedy - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti
pics by Natasja

I love a good seasonal cliché. Pastels for spring, floral dresses for summer, burgundy and plaid for fall: yes please. I strongly believe that these cliché's have grown organically out of humanity's need to harmonize with nature. Not that I believe in evolutionary psychology, but it's kind of fun to think of the whole fashion bloggers wearing burgundy, mustard or moss green for fall hype as a remnant of our days living in the wild and trying to camouflage ourselves from predators.

I just wear it because it looks really good on my increasingly Snowwhite adjacent colouring, almost bringing out a subtle violet undertone in my hair. Especially when I pair it with deep red lipstick, my current favourite make up product. I've been actually thinking of grabbing some burgundy hair dye to give my hair a subtly different tint, but that might be a bit much, no? I should know better by now than to make rash decisions when it comes to my hair.

BTW everyone always compliments me on my plaid shirt, so I make it a habit to tell them they can buy it for next to nothing on Sheinside here (also available in blue/green). Be sure to measure up if you want that oversized fit, we're talking Asian sizes here! I've had it for over a year and it's a great shirt, good quality and a lovely warm flannel so I can't recommend it enough.

No comments