Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

Hi guys! You might know that I attended the Brussels Urban Decay x Ici Paris XL launch, where all attendees received a flyer that said Urban Decay would be coming to Antwerp in october, and other cities in Belgium after that. And now the time is here! Earlier this week I received a last minute invitation to check out the new UD counters at the Meir Ici Paris XL store before the crowds got in, and obviously I was PSYCHED. Since the shop is at walking distance from my office, I just popped in before I had to be at work, eager to check out the UD counter in pristine condition and to have my make up done by the Urban Decay make up artists. I was happy to have an invitation, because there was already quite a line in front of the store an hour before opening!

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch


I felt kind of bad to just pass all those UD fans by and walk right in, but not that bad. I mean, hello.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

HELLO INDEED! How gorgeous is this little mini department? Beautiful design in tune with the Urban Decay aesthetic, extensive collection, and two pretty make up stations stocked with UD products.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

As you can see I was super psyched to check everything out in real life. When a brand you only know from google images and blog reviews arrives at your doorstep, seeing everything in front of you feels almost unreal. I was rocking witchy gorilla vibes btw.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

I think the UD stand at Ici Paris XL has pretty much the entire Urban Decay collection on offer, neatly layed out for your shopping pleasure. My eye is always drawn to the pretty colours of the eyeshadow monos, but I was pleasantly surprised by the colourful eye pencils and lip products as well.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch
Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch
Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

Ah, Urban Decay Electric palette, holy grail of bright colour aficionadi everywhere. If my sister is reading this, she's probably freaking out.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch
Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

One thing that sparked my interest straight away, is that Urban Decay offers lip pencils in the exact shade of all of their lipsticks. Same name, same colour, which is absolutely perfect because if you love that neat, long lasting statement lip, a pencil in the same colour as your lipstick is indispensable.

Beauty: Urban Decay Antwerp launch

Obviously, I had to ask the make up artist to do my eye make up using UD's Moondust in Solstice, my number one UD eyeshadow mono crush. You can see it at the bottom right of the top shelf here. I'm pretty sure that Solstice is actually magical, but that might be because I'm a huge sucker for duochrome everything. The make up artist layered Solstice over a dark teal base, and she used UD's setting spray to wet the brush before applying Solstice, which gave it a more opaque and intense coverage.

Duochrome eye shadow: Urban Decay Solstice layered over a teal base

I am in love with this look, the deep blood red works so well with that minty blue sparkle. Pretty sure that Solstice will find itself on my Christmas list. It sure made me look like the funkiest chick at the office all day. Btw, this picture was taken at night, after a whole day of wearing the eyeshadow. Prettttty amazing staying power, right?

Have you checked out Urban Decay's counter at Ici Paris XL? Are you as excited as I am? If you don't live near Antwerp or Brussels, you can order Urban Decay's entire collection at the Ici Paris XL webshop.

No comments