Beauty: & Other Stories lipgloss in Pavillon Coral, eye colour palette in Chatelaine Khaki review


Making good on my promise to review some more affordable make up products, here I am with two & Other Stories treats. A lip gloss, and an eyeshadow palette. I was especially excited to review the eyeshadow, as I have only really reviewed one other eye colour by & Other Stories, and the experience was a bit underwhelming. I really wanted & Other Stories to redeem itself, because they usually nail anything beauty related. Read on to see if they did!

But first: Pavillon Coral lipgloss. A sherbet peachy shade, delightfully girly and summery.

& other stories Pavillon Coral lip gloss review
& other stories Pavillon Coral lip gloss review
& other stories Pavillon Coral lip gloss review

The colour reads quite pink on me, but that sort of depends on your skintone. I don't think I would buy this lip gloss for myself, because I don't typically go for super pale lip colours. The quality is top notch, though. Despite this colour being lighter than my own lips, the coverage is perfectly even and opaque, and it doesn't emphasize any dryness that might be there. The texture is on the sticky side, but that also means that you don't have to reapply often. If you love lip gloss, this one is definitely a great option!


Moving on to the main attraction of the evening: Chatelaine Khaki.

& other stories chatelaine khaki review

The palette consists of a cool, satin olive green with a silvery sheen, a gold shimmery shade that looks champagne when swatched, a warm, satin khaki with gold sheen, and a darker eyeshadow that sits somewhere between blue, grey and khaki. Chatelaine Khaki is a beautiful, rich mix of gold flecked greens, green leaning golds, dusty moss green and everything in between. The colours look lovely (although a bit similar to each other) in the pan, but their beautiful individuality comes to life when swatched.

& other stories chatelaine khaki review and swatches

Definitely four different shades. Pigmentation is good, and the powders feel rich and creamy. I like how this palette combines warm with cool, creating a versatile end result that would suit many complexions. It could maybe use a darker, real matte shade for some more versatility, but it stands beautifully on its own. The lightest, highlighter shade was the most 'meh' of the bunch, a bit more powdery and not as pigmented, but still a beautiful shimmer. The warm gold-green was my favourite, such a unique shade!

& other stories chatelaine khaki review
& other stories chatelaine khaki review
& other stories chatelaine khaki review

The most important thing is how these come together on the eye, though, and I love how these work. Great pigmentation and smooth application. Only thing I can fault is that the shadows are a bit powdery, so they do need a primer to stay this vibrant throughout the day. The shades blend together perfectly because the colours harmonize so well, but there's still plenty of depth and nuance because of the subtle nuances of every eyeshadow. The gold shimmer brings out the colour of my eyes and I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of this palette. 

Eye colour palette in Chatelaine Khaki, €15, c/o.

& Other Stories convinces me once again: great quality and beautiful colours at a very reasonable price point! A definite high street favourite.

No comments