Selected Showrooms

You probably noticed that I have a thing for the brand Selected. I bought some of my own items over the last few months, but you might have also seen some gifted items pop up. Let me explain: after my earnest love for the brand and its aesthetic had reached their Belgian PR HQ, I was invited over to the showroom to check out what they'll be offering next. Pretty awesome, right??

I photographed some of the pieces that caught my eye. Some of it is current season, but items like the leopard dress and banana leaves print sweatshirt will hit the stores later this year so keep an eye on the webshop if you like what you see. ASOS sells a lot of their garments as well.




Some of these items came home with me! More specifically, the gorgeous red Gloria jacket in the last pic and the baroque printed skirt you can see in a close up next to the leather jacket. The Gloria blazer actually comes in new colours each season, it's a bit of a Selected trademark piece and if you try it on, you'll see why. The draping is super flattering and kicks the blazer up from a classic to a statement piece. And those coats. Gosh. I don't have anything to say about them except: yes, Selected does some pretty amazing classic, elegant coats.

Thing I love most about this brand is their ability to combine trendiness with an effortless chic feel, which translates perfectly to office wear. An eye for detail in the form of nice materials (something that's been getting more and more important to me) at a price point that's still affordable for a working woman early in her career. In short: I'm pretty sure my love for Selected was born 100% out of the brand being so compatible with me now that my style is maturing towards a more adult life. Not convinced yet? Just look at these pieces, some minimalist chic favourites of the winter 2013-14, spring 2014 and summer 2014 collections.



GOSH that marble print tote! I especially like how Selected's style is so understated, which makes the winter, spring and summer collections totally inter-stylable. Because actual people don't have the money or the space to have completely different wardrobes each season, you know. It's high time Selected opened a store in Belgium.

Do you have any go-to favourites when it comes to work appropriate, professional style?

12 comments

  1. Dat luipaard kleedje en de zandkleurige jas vind ik super mooi. Oh, nu beeld ik mij plots de combinatie van de twee in <3. Selected ga ik toch in het oog houden volgend seizoen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie items! Ik vind dat je die beige jas ook mee had moeten nemen :D !

    www.fashion-freaks.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ik mocht niet zomaar kiezen, anders had ik ALLES meegenomen :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. jaaaaa, met een simpel sandaaltje of enkellaarsje <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geloof me maar als ik zeg dat ie nog mooier is wanneer je em aanhebt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Gloria Blazer really is a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik heb eigenlijk nog nooit echt attentie gedaan op het merk, maar je hebt mij wel overtuigd! Nu idd nog een winkel in België :D
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to have that Gloria Blazer in my wardrobe stat. :)

    ReplyDelete