Pink Coat, Cheap Monday Skinnies, Holographic Boohoo Boots



First round of conducting surveys went well! It was kind of crazy being back in a high school, smelling those familiar canteen smells (salty, greasy), hearing the voices of kids echo through the tiled hallways, watching the young teens drag around enormous backpacks... It felt like no time had passed at all since I was a lanky 13 year old trying not to let anyone notice my awkwardness. Somewhere during the day, the idea dawned on me that teaching would be a totally awesome back-up plan if all of this researcher/academia stuff doesn't pan out.

ANYWAY, about the outfit! It's filled with some absolute steals (22€ Cheap Monday skinnies marked down from 55€, 28€ pink winter coat marked down from 47€) and some items that are just too amazing to pass up on (the holographic Boohoo platform boots).

I have been totally ridiculously spoiled when it comes to coats lately. First, I find a classic white winter coat, then I run into a gorgeous oversized, long grey coat and now here I am strutting my stuff in this pink baby that was marked down to just 28€!!! I ordered it three weeks ago so if you're quick, there will still be plenty of cold days to rock your new pink coat.

I was unsure about whether or not I needed a pink coat before because, yeah, they are fabulous and everyone looks amazing in them (case in point) but they aren't exactly a classic ya know. But the pink, man. The pink kept calling me. It is still my favourite colour after all, despite my recent propensity to dress in grey and black. So when I got an email from Dresslily asking me whether I'd be interested in reviewing their webshop, and I spotted this particular watermelon/coral/pink coat, I was like yeah OK this is the sartorial gods telling me I should just take the pink plunge (haha that sounds so gross). Mine is a size large, but a medium would have been fine as well.

I've got nothing but good words about Dresslily btw: some absolute steals to be found, among which a lot of items that are also sold on Ebay which might interest you Ebay-phobes (yeah, I know you're out there). You get a tracking code when you order so you don't have to worry about your package getting lost during the couple of weeks it takes for your items to journey the world, and you're dealing with a real webshop rather than an individual seller so that might feel more secure to you.

And you know you want the boots. Seriously, don't try to deny it. Btw they also have holographic gladiator sandals with a slightly lower heel. YES

I know it's hard, but you have to pick. Boots or coat, which tickles your fancy the most?

PS sorry for making this post so long. I do tend to ramble on.


12 comments

  1. That's very cheap Cheap Monday! I'm intrigued. Heb jij een maat groter genomen of?
    Fijne roze jas ook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACTUALLY zit ik meestal net tussen 26 en 27 in jeansmaten (meestal 26), en omdat ik van veel mensen heb gehoord dat Cheap Monday eerder klein valt ben ik dan voor 27 gegaan, maar ik heb het paar dat ik hier draag ondertussen net teruggestuurd om te ruilen voor een 26 (mijn post was al zo lang dat ik het er niet meer in wou schrijven :D). Ik zou dus zeggen: neem gewoon je eigen maat. Dit particular paar is erg stretchy dus je zou zelfs een kleinere maat kunnen nemen waarschijnlijk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! Mijn issue is: ik heb een zwarte skin tight stretch die als gegoten zit in mijn gewone maat (28) en een grijze ripped in 29 die ik net iets te los vind zitten. Had een lichtgrijze op Zalando besteld in 28 en die is vandaag toegekomen: ik krijg dat ding niet dicht! Deze is wel minder stretch, heb nu een 29 besteld. Dus ik ben clueless over de maten nu :D De website zelf raadt bij de broek die ik zag (ook een blauwe, staat naast de jouwe denk ik) een grotere maat te nemen omdat ie klein valt.. Maar als ik het goed begrepen heb, doet Sojeans gratis retour? Dus mss kan ik twee maten bestellen? HULP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sojeans doet gratis retours via Kiala, ik zou beiden bestellen! ik denk wel dat je als je je geld terugwilt, je minder dagen hebt om te retourneren (like, niet een maand maar 10 dagen ofzo). En ja, ik heb dat dus altijd: de materiaalkeuze bepaalt 100% of ik een 26 of een 27 (of zelfs groter) moet hebben. Meestal ga ik wel voor met veel stretch omdat de jeans zich dan beter schikken naar mijn proporties. Anders heb ik mega muffintop als het past aan mijn poepie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the whole outfit, great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoppekee, beide maten besteld! Fijne webshop, bedankt voor de tip :) Heb achteraf de try-on gedaan (rechtsboven in hun tab) en de jeans die ik net kocht matchte 98% met mijn figuur, score!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha kben benieuwd voor wanneer ik de mijne aankrijg :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I nearly got this coat but ended up with a blue one from Dress Lily instead, but this is perfect!!

    Found your blog via Bloglovin and am your newest follower, would be great if you could check out my latest post, which also includes Boohoo, and follow each other's style journey? xx

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going over right now! which one did you end up getting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink looks good on almost everyone :). Die jas is echt geweldig, schattig, mooi en opvallend in positieve zin. Love love! Sabrina, x.

    ReplyDelete