Fluffy Sweater, Sequined Leggings



Fluffy sweater: Forever21 - sequined leggings, holographic platform boots: c/o Boohoo - necklace: Diamanti Per Tutti


Sequined pants, am I right? I'm probably not the only one who has been pinning images like the ones below, dreaming of a life where wearing sequined pants is totally NBD.


Sources clockwise from top left: Barefootblonde // Pinterest // The Man Repeller // How to Chic

I tried to make the leggings as wearable as possible and I think I succeeded pretty much. If it would have been a little less cold, I'd have styled them with Converse and bare ankles which would also have been a totally cool look, don't you think? I'm totally going to wear these to work some day. A life where sequined pants are NBD? YES WE CAN!

PRO TIP: you love the fancy look of sequined trousers, but the only sequined bottom that's in your price range is leggings? Wear them OVER another pair of leggings: the flimsy fabric of the sequined leggings will appear less clingy, thicker, heavier and thus more expensive and more like trousers. Which is what I was doing here, by the way. Added bonus is that you'll stay warm if you layer leggings! Because yes, winter seems to finally have reached Belgium. Boo. Also, the second pair of leggings shields your legs from the itchy scratchy feeling of sequins which you're bound to experience. PS the leggings are also available in gold and black, AND marked down right now.

Sequined leggings or pants: something you'd wear?

19 comments

  1. Ik zou het zeker durven dragen! Wel in goud denk ik :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ik vind ze echt super! Heel leuk gecombineerd ook!
    & inderdaad, deze foto's zijn ook door mij al gepind ;)
    xx Lyn
    www.blondebutterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZO mooi! Ik zou het zelf niet durven dragen, maar het staat jou echt fantastisch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zit de broek goed? Ik voel de pailletjes al aan mn benen kriebelen als ik ernaar kijk :D
    Wel heel mooi! En wauw ik wil Leandra haar outfit.
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nog een reden waarom de tweede legging zo petfect is: geen last meer van dat prikkende gevoel! Ben ik nog vergeten in de post te melden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leggings are the coolest thing ever. I'm in love. I think... well, I don't know if they fit my style aesthetic, but I love shiny things so I'd probably try them anyway, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fabulous! You do a great job of dressing the pants down! Also, nice pro tip. . . I wouldn't have thought of that!
    -Christine
    http://thehitchcockiancockatoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock such fantastic looks. I'd be terrified of snagging my sequins everywhere wearing leggings covered in 'em though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtige outfit! Love the combination

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rock chick off duty. Absolutely loving it <3

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove sequins and I definitely want to live in a world where they are NBD. it's pretty much the least practical fabric out there but whatever, SPARKLES.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ja nu moet ik ze ook bestellen hé

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pak kleine maat, ze vallen vrij groot. Ik draag nu de 8 maar ik had ook de 6 kunnen dragen. En je moet er een tweede legging onder dragen want anders prikken de sequins soms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Echt zalige leggings :) sequins for the win! Ik zou het het hele jaar door dragen en misschien moet ik het ook gewoon doen ipv overload rond de feestdagen :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sequined leggings are awesome! I think they somehow are even cooler with those holographic shoes. The combination is amazing and futuristic and I love it.

    ReplyDelete