Maybelline NY Dream Fresh BB Cream Review

I promised you a review of my new Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB cream, so HERE I AM! A detailed review of one of my new favorite beauty products.

THE SPECIFICS: 
  • SPF30
  • light to medium coverage
  • fresh, minty feel to the skin
  • not oily: water-gel based
  • contains camomile and aloë vera to soothe the skin
  • very moisturizing
  • sells at about 9-10€, available in most drugstores, or here at Ulta at a buy one, get one at 50% off sale

maybelline dream fresh bb cream review


I think the package is totally cute and fresh in a teenage girl way. Youthful. And pink is always a yes in my book!


maybelline dream fresh bb cream swatch
maybelline dream fresh bb cream swatch


To illustrate the water/gel solution of the BB cream (bottom swatch) in comparison to my regular, oil based foundation (top swatch). Thinner, easier to blend into the skin (doesn't "lay" on top of your skin) and remarkably fresher in feel. I like how the color matches my regular foundation almost perfectly, since most BB creams are either super grey or super orange in tone. This one is light enough for me to use, even though I'm quite fair skinned, and quite neutral in its base tone. I think both warm skinned and cool skinned people could use this.


maybelline dream fresh bb cream review


No make up! Always surprises me how much I look like a teenager without any make up.


maybelline dream fresh bb cream review


On the left you see me with the left half of my face covered in BB cream, and the right half pure and naked. The picture on the right shows me with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream all over, and no other make up. Sorry, forgot to take all pictures in the same light!

Most apparent is the blotchiness that is practically gone after a swipe of BB: I have a very thin, translucent and sensitive skin that is prone to redness, so countering that redness is exactly what I want my foundation to do. Any type of discolouration is faded, but the coverage is still natural and light. A better version of your own skin, so to speak! I also really love how the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream leaves my skin dewy but not shiny or oily.


maybelline dream fresh bb cream review

And this is me looking all smug with a fully made up base: eyebrows, BB cream, mineral powder and blush. More mattified than without the powder, but I like that matte made up look SO THERE.

THE VERDICT:
I would recommend this to ANYONE except maybe people who want full coverage, but I doubt that you'd ever find that in a liquid foundation. You should try the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream especially if you want a fresh, light feel or if you have a (very) fair skin. I imagine this being great in summer when it's hot and humid outside.

I hope this review was informative! If you have any more questions or suggestions, let me know in the comment section :)

40 comments

  1. Ik ben overtuigd! Kost het veel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. heb net de post ge-edit, ik denk dat ik em heb gekocht voor 8,99 of 9,99€ ofzo! Maximaal 10 euro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echt een winwin-situatie, want je hebt echt een poppenhuidje! Wil ik ook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dan zou ik zeker ook los, kleurloos mineraalpoeder aanraden, dat maakt de look echt "af" en zorgt er ook voor dat alles langer goed blijft dekken :) En zeker blush en je wenkbrauwen niet vergeten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just switched to BB a few weeks ago and am working my way through some samples, and the Dr. Jarts SPF45 premium one is actual magic. I swear.

    When I review it, I'm going to refer to this for a less pricey BB. Thanks for the tips and woohoo for BB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think Dr. Jarts sells over here :( I SO want to try it, but I can't order it online because I can't try out the colors on my own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik heb dezelfde en ben ook écht tevreden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nooo! That sucks! There is actually only one color, though the different formulas are each very slightly different. For example: the super moisturizing one was kind of gross and heavy on me and a little bit too dark but the premium 45 is my jam. Would you want to get a sample pack and I can forward it to you in the mail? I love the idea of local companies, but also hate that I can't get something I see/read about on the Internet! (Right now I want this weekday jacket and can't get it in the US and its poop).

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh thanks for your advice and suggestion, I'm definitely keeping this in mind for when my foundations run out, u da best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was helpful

    Enter my dress and make-up goodies giveaway here: My first Giveaway

    Can you please help me and like this picture Romwe Contest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had er ook al veel goeds over gelezen en was van plan me deze in Lissabon / op de luchthaven aan te schaffen (want ik dacht: goedkoper!) maar helaas nog niet tegengekomen, en Portugal blijkt in het algemeen wel duurder qua verzorgingsproducten en make-up, dus ga nog eventjes wachten tot thuis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik ga die zo snel mogelijk eens uitproberen! Jij hebt ook een redelijk bleke huid dus zal hij hopelijk niet oranje zijn bij mij!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oranje is ie zeker niet, bij mij slaan foundations ook vaak oranje uit en deze echt niet. Ik heb de lichtste genomen, ik denk dat ze twee of drie opties hadden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vet goeie review Beth, echt helpful! Een vriendin van me heeft het me ook al es laten proberen en ik vind het echt vet goed, het ruikt ook super lekker. Ik ga het ook es beginnen gebruiken denk ik.

    ReplyDelete
  15. en SPF30 is al genoeg reden als je het mij vraagt! dat heb je nooit in goedkope producten.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like my current BB cream, but this one seems pretty great too! I'm quite the fan of the "me but better look"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I might have to invest in some of that foundation. I wonder if it's sold in Finland?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zot hoe je met een crème'ke zo'n verschil kan maken he! :) Het klinkt misschien heel erg silly maar THANK GOD FOR MAKE-UP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yess, ik heb die zelf een aantal weken geleden aangekocht! Is één van de betere BB creams in die prijsklasse vind ik. Ik heb ook last van roodheid en werkt goed genoeg. Daarnaast wissel ik hem wel af met mijn Bourjois healthy mix gel, net ietsje beter, minder vet en deze breng ik enkel aan op de t-zone. (doe jij heel je gezicht met BB of enkel bepaalde plekken?)

    LQ

    http://lttlqueenie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  20. hele gezicht! waarschijnlijk is jouw aanpak beter, maar de mijne is gemakkelijker :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. maybelline seems to be quite omnipresent but I have no idea about Finnish beauty supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, je ziet echt het verschil, convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My skin sounds really similar to yours: really fair and prone to redness. The photo evidence has me sold! Thanks so much for this detailed review. I'm off to see if they sell this in America!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hope you like it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so pretty!

    -Kati
    http://almoststylish.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  26. 'I have a very thin, translucent and sensitive skin that is prone to redness' Soulmate <3!
    Eerste missie volgende week na m'n examen is dit in huis halen ;)
    Naomi
    Dress your life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. BB crème is ZO zalig! Ik was vergeten dat je eigenlijk een rood mensje bent (LDN Times), maar met die BB cream is het natuurlijk all gone, zalig! Uw header is echt mooooi zo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hahaha :D ma ZO erg is mijn huid nu ook weer niet! :D en merciiii

    ReplyDelete
  29. Haha nenee zo erg idd niet :D Maar ik verschoot wel een beetje omdat je dat echt totaal niet ziet in daily life. You know how to hide ya kids, hida ya wife and hide ya skin

    ReplyDelete
  30. thank you this was very helpful, what shade did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  31. the lightest one! I think there's only two available.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My skin is VERY FAIR. I have mild to moderate acne (it's sporadic). My skin is also usually very dry and not very oily. I tan every other day for about 8 minutes a day so I'm just slightly darker, and usually burn just a little bit if I tan a little bit over that time limit. Tanning makes my face much more dry much more quickly and more frequently. I have been using it for a few days and I'm pleased so far. My acne isn't bad at the moment, but I have a good amount of dark acne scars. Just from a few days use, they have faded quite a bit. It doesn't cover up my actual acne, but that doesn't bother me because I usually don't wear any kind of foundation anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Forgot to add that it definitely covers my acne scars almost completely in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ik heb zelf een super lichte huid en ik had eens een review bekeken van bb creams, maar die persoon was getint daardoor leek 020 (Catrice) de perfecte kleur voor mij te zijn! (ik had eerder al 010 gekocht maar die was te gelig) Nu heb ik het gekocht en blijkt het veel te donker te zijn!! Dus het was wel eens fijn om te zien hoe de bb cream eruitziet op een hele lichte huid met (sorry) wat roodheid, want dat heb ik zelf ook. Dus ik denk dat ik die eens ga uitproberen!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ik heb het in de winkel wat op mijn pols getest (light) en het was nog wat te donker! Het is een goede review, maar voor mij is het heel lastig om een goede bb cream te vinden, want ik heb een hele lichte huid en een roze ondertoon, en de meest die ik vind zijn te gelig.
    Maar mijn zoektocht gaat door!

    ReplyDelete
  36. heb je de lichtste variant kunnen vinden? Er zijn drie tinten normaal, licht, medium en donker. De ondertoon van deze is in ieder geval niet geel. Jammer dat hij niet goed was voor je! Misschien toch eens zoeken naar reviews van de aziatische BB cremes? Daar moet wel een heel lichte tussen te vinden zijn!

    ReplyDelete
  37. haha geen nood om sorry te zeggen, mijn huid heeft absoluut roodheid! Zeker 's ochtends, hij is gewoon heel doorschijnend. Hopelijk vind je een BB creme die goed bij je past!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahhh you are so beautiful!!! *____* I definitely need this now!

    ReplyDelete