Raincoat


coat: c/o Sheinside - pants: River Island - t-shirt: gift - clogs: H&M


This coat. When I spotted it at sheinside.com, it was love at first sight. The only problem I was facing was what color I should get! The pale blue and barbie pink ones made my mouth water with their sweet, glossy, candylike appeal, but I was determined to steer away from the cutesy stuff this time. Keeping my recent thoughts in mind concerning the new route I'm trying to go, both in my style and in my life, I decided to take the most classic option. Yellow it was! A yellow raincoat is such an iconic piece that wearing it sets you up halfway between practicality and pastiche. Classic with a twist. I was a bit doubtful about the yellow flattering me because it's a difficult color to pull of, but I think it looks alright. I could totally be a character on That Seventies Show in this outfit btw.

The t-shirt is old, super old. Probably 8 years old, and a gift from when my brother moved to America to marry his sweetheart. I knew I'd love this t-shirt again some time in the future so I kept it around. Glad I did! My personal feelings about America are mixed, so the whole "America, Home of the Brave" slogan can be interpreted with a bit of bite. I guess Marina (and the Diamonds) said it best when she sang "I'm obsessed with the mess that's America".

10 comments

  1. What a beautiful combination of colors!
    The photos are very beautiful!
    I invite you to visit my blog!
    Kisses and a great week for you!

    http://fufuquicesdaclaudinha.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that coat, for the sole purpose of being able to dress up as Coraline for costumed parties. And because it's cool. And safe in traffic (never underestimate the power of color)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love the safe in traffic comment. Also, let's not forget, it will cheer up those endless rainy days in Belgium a little, no? I don't think I could wear an America t-shirt... mostly because of what my family would have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the most politically correct person in my circles, so I probably won't be getting much hassle over this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly could be on that seventy show! But this is not the first time I have thought that. And I mean that in the best way possible. I kinda loved that show.. You look very cute and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cutest coat ever! aww, i want ittt

    from,

    helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your legs go on for days and days, forreal !

    Really cute outfit , especially the America-shirt :D

    Jaspe
    http://caramelboots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, het valt mij nu pas op wat een modellenbenen gij hebt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're the only one who could rock this coat!

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course you go for yellow, that is exactly what i did!!! ik lijk wel op het loze vissertje, maar dan heeft Belgie op dit moment toch twee fashionable loze vissertjes rondlopen! het voelt heel vintage en nostalgisch aan, maar dat is misschien ook de reden waarom ik hem heb gekocht.

    ReplyDelete