Velvet Vampire

The day after Halloween I was still in the holiday spirit, so I pulled out this velvet dress and played up the gothic vampire vibe a bit with my combat boots and sexy tights. This sort of slightly punk-gothic-edgy look was totally my style in my mid teens so it feels nice to revisit that part of me now and then. Like dressing up to evoke my edgy, devil-may-care teen me! 

We took pictures before returning home from Antwerp at a monumental factory on the Schelde banks because it totally fit my aesthetic. Modern vampires always hang out at deserted factory grounds! But I don't sparkle.


dress: MIEOLS
tights, boots: Pimkie
boots: Boyfriend's
cardigan: Zara (5 years old and still flawless, it's a cashmere-silk mix)
sunglasses: Urban Outfitters


I got this dress as a present from Mais Il Est Où Le Soleil and I love it to bits, SUCH an amazing, luxurious yet wearable piece. I love all the little details that make it stand out.

I couldn't just let my gorgeous pumpkin be forgotten without being featured one last time, so here it is shining it's light on our hallway's wall. The dancing shadows made me feel like a kid again, excited about something ordinary looking like magic.


21 comments

  1. Oooh zo'n mooie jurk! En mooie kousen! Prachtige outfit en ik vind de bruine cardigan erbij ook heel goed om het net een beetje zachter te maken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is a candy! amazing colour..and did i ever told you that you have gorgeous legs??
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind you telling me again! :-D and to think I used to HATE HATE HATE them! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K it is official! You are my style icon. I am just so inspired by your style lately. This especially. I've been trying to achieve this borderline goth look for work for WEEKS and here you are...just doin' it all perfectly. MAJOR AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's all in the colors: don't go for all black as it looks very costumey a lot of the times, work some unexpected but dark colors into the mix and you're good to go! thanks so much for your sweet words! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks veryyy familiar :) looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look. And I love how you tie your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another perfect look! i love the velvet dress!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah this dress is sooo amazing, I love the velvet and colour of it!! It looks great with patterned tights and those great boots. I can never get of halloween!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dress! And your pumpkin looks so cool reflecting on the wall like that! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shoot!! I love the outfit and the scenery:) The goth looks fits you well!! But of course I always look your girly posts with pretty full mid

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS IS SO CUTE! I love red velvet. The pattern is a really pretty touch and it looks great with the chunky belt and combat boots. I also love your sunnies. I've always wanted to go to Antwerp. It sounds so unique and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awel, ik vind dat die look u echt goe gaat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great dress!!! It feels very luxurious indeed. And looks fabulous with your sun glasses. :D
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I've had this purple velvet dress from Tulle for a year now, and I just can't find a way to style it that works for me. You've majorly inspired me, though. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous dress, effortlessly chic. You look reaaaaally pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That velvet dress looks so nice on you! I really love the boots and cute tights you paired with it. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, dat kleedje is eigenlijk echt mooi, vooral zo stoer gecombineerd! Ik heb nog niets van MIEOLS aangedaan :$ shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! The velvet dress is so pretty, and I love how edgy it is with your boots and tights. You'd make a great vampire. Hehe. It's funny, I'm writing a vampire fiction right now. I should base someone on you. Just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete