Mustard Tights and Tartan Scarf

Another dress I have had for ages and ages today: this one is probably about 7 years old by now. One thing that is so totally awesome about retro stuff is that it never looks outdated because the outdatedness is THE POINT! And how could I resist throwing on some bright tights and T strap flats to play up the Twiggy vibe of this dress? I simple couldn't. My friend Brenda took these shots after class about a week ago, and much silliness ensued. Hang on for pursed Olsen twin lips and me jumping to pay tribute to Kerry since she is like one of my BIGGEST blogcrushes out there. I wish I was her <3



This backpack has been such a good purchase, I wear it to class every day. I don't feature it in every outfitpost because that just gets dull after a while but I love it to bitssss. I felt amazing in this outfit, definitely one of those looks I could wear foreva. 

I had to waste some time before my guy finished work (I usually drive home with him if I have afternoon classes) so I sat down to eat some soup in the student restaurant and catch up on the news. I feel so grown up reading the paper! :-D


Do you guys read a newspaper? We didn't have a newspaper at home so I wasn't raised to be a paper reader. But the older I get, the more I feel the need to find sources of deep, contextualized background info to feed me knowledge.

dress: H&M
tights, coat: Pimkie
backpack: River Island
flats: Urban Outfitters
scarf: T2 vintage
cardigan: Forever21

22 comments

  1. Oh I immediately want the backpack!! Love it!

    www.fashiable.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik hou ook zo veel van gekleurde kousenbroeken! Alleen moet ik er dringend nieuwe gaan kopen want de meeste zitten vol gaten :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah dat jurkje ken ik nog! So moowie en ik vind het super leuk met die gele maillot en de plaid scarf! En de rugzak was inderdaad een hele goeie aankoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mustard legs!! SO wonderful with that patterened dress. And who can go wrong with a plaid scarf? I think I need one now too
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read the paper because I find trying to keep up with the important news amongst all the frivolous things a bit exasperating. But then again, I wasn't raised around it either, although now I know my dad has been reading it every day for longer than I've been alive for free at work via others' subscriptions. Anywho, love your tights, perfect w/ that dress & the red plaid scarf! Love the silly shots of you, so fun AND you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I'd love for there to be a paper that only writes about the things that truly matter, and not in a "hey this happened" way but in a deep way that explains the mechanism behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mix in this look!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love that dress!!!
    Yea...I use the same bag every day but I still take pics with it all the time because I love it ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so cute with the bright yellow tights! I really love the plaid scarf you paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the BRIGHT tights paired with the checkered dress, the t-strap flats also give it that fun Mod look! I read the NYTimes online and also get Associated Press (AP) wire alerts to my phone. Other than that I'll read the free weekly paper for information about arts/culture events. I actually got my B.A. in print journalism so am definitely a news hound.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the Guardian online. I think we had four subscriptions as a kid, and I love paper papers, but generally try not to spend money on extraneous things I can access online. : ) Loving the fall 60s vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the tights, especially combined with the cardigan! i have the same tights and i always wear them double, with a white pair underneath! you definitely rock fall girl, those fall colors hanging in your closet look so so well on you! perfect combination and so so you! i don't read newspapers (except online) because i hate to read! oh and when i am in nyc i read page 6!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never go for mustard tights, kind of hate them hehehe, but they work on you, I would see oyu on the street and think "I need something in mustard" hehehhe. You are looking very pretty and perfect for the cold weather.
    In terms of newspapers I read The Guardian online, as Im too poor to buy the real thing here in Spain, but suspect that when I'm in London I will buy it now and then, sit in Starbucks and look all grown up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heel leuke outfit, staat je geweldig :) en de foto's zijn grappig!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous look. And very seasonal. The colored tights are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your fall style so so much. so many rich reds and mustards!!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOh love the tartan scarf! En dat mosterkleurtje is echt wel mijn favoriete herfst/winter kleurtje! En past perfect in het decor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, the face picture of you: so. freaking. beautiful. Hopefully it doesn't sound too creepy to say I'd love to have that as a print or a painting on my wall. It's soooo pretty. As for the rest of the outfit, I love it! Those tights are amazing. The picture with the tree is adorable.
    I read the comics... does that count as reading the newspaper? Hehe. Although I have found I actually prefer gathering news either from the radio or the paper as opposed to the television, so... yes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. where can i buy the scarf i want it so muchh!!

    ReplyDelete