Beguinage/Begijnhof Antwerp

Recently, I have found out that the places you think you know best probably have some sides to them you weren't aware of yet. No, I'm not going to start complaining about hidden red light districts or secret criminal neighborhoods. I'm talking about the beautiful hidden forest in my street or the place today's pictures were taken: the beguinage right off my university's campus. 

Brenda knew about it and suggested it as a fun excursion slash outfitshoot backdrop and I absolutely loved it: the minute we stepped through the doors, it was like we were in another time and a hidden city! Antwerp's noise disappeared completely and we were walking adorable crooked cobblestone streets that looked positively medieval. Or just plain old, I'm no historic. I just googled it, the beguinage apparently dates back to 1545, JUST out of the dark ages. Anyway, I felt like I was at a theme park or BRUGES or something so I'm definitely returning to take pics again.

My outfit is a bit of a mess and my coat blends into the brick walls, but I like the double plaid and my new boots. Proper leather equestrian style boots that will look SO nice with my midi length skirts and dresses while still being comfortable, yeay!

coat, scarf: T2 vintage
dress: Zara
tights: Pimkie
boots: Tim's
backpack: River Island

21 comments

  1. Leuk kleedje en mooie laarzen
    Kisses Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those boots are fantastic. I might need a pair like that! I also really enjoy the mix of plaids in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik ben zo verliefd op die jas! Ik heb een gelijkaardige gezien in T2 in leuven, maar de mouwen zijn te kort, spijtig,...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love the print mix in your outfit and these beautiful boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet :) nice mix and great bag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow such a cool location!! Sadly there are absolutely no fun secret places where I live...I should move abroad :p
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laarzen (of botten zoals ik ze noem) mogen gerust simpel zijn want ze moeten, liefst, overal bij passen en niet te opvallend zijn. Zoals bij jouw outfit hier is het goed dat je laarzen simpel zijn want de outfit op zich moet nog uitblinken ook :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. ik hou van AL de soorten laarzen, maar zo'n klassiek en flatterend model is echt onmisbaar bij mijn stijl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eep! So gorgeous! See, this is when I like blending into the background in photos. Plus I'm succch a fan of double (or triple) plaid. You should definitely return here for photos; this makes me want to hop straight on a plane for Antwerp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Lovely boots! The colour is gorgeous. I love the double plaid, too. What a gorgeous place to take photos. I hope to visit Antwerp someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, what a pretty neighborhood to chance upon! It looks so charming. I think it's so fun when you take pictures in old, historic looking locations, because that's not really something I have access to here in the US, since our country isn't all that old.

    I love how you mix plaids! I would never have thought of that, but you put together such darling pattern combinations. You've inspired me to try mixing plaids! :)

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful location for photos, and your outfit is lovely!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh double plaid! I like it, a lot. That polka dot dress is so wonderful, I love it, plaid and polka dots is such a great idea!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful...adoro essa combinação xadrez e floral...adoro seu blog...ele é lindo
    beijos japan

    ReplyDelete
  15. that last photo is adorable! Mixing plaids and killing it I see. quite a hard thing to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. the more tartan the better, love the combination of the coat and the scarf! and what a setting, so you actually although you have created a paradox too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daar heb ik dus jaren elke dag voorbij gelopen toen ik op't uniev zat... maar nog nooit binnen gegaan! Moet ik toch eens doen want het ziet er wel heel mooi uit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superleuke jas! Wss ook weer een superkoopje :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tights and mixing of plaids and dots! The dots stand out but dont look out of place!

    ReplyDelete