Double Denim, Stripes and Leopard

Hey girls and boys! Fuck yeah for randomly calling the women first rather than going for the obvious boys and girls order because that shit is sexist yo! Please tell me if I'm taking this feminism thing too far. ANYWAY, I wore this casual outfit to the F21 pre-opening a few weeks ago. 

Jeggings, denim shirt, a turban and leopard loafers makes for a very casual outfit in my book, but it still looks put together. It's perfectly possible to look stylish for any occasion, just be sure to make a look your own rather than going for the fall back options everyone wears (t-shirt, jeans, flipflops or the like). A crazy pair of shoes that are still comfortable and a weird accessory like my turban totally take this look up a few notches. 

Lord knows it ain't easy to do casual in a retro way, but this totally works, no? The Sartorialist would totes photograph me if he saw me walkin' down the street dressed like this. FO SHO

Btw, I've found that the key to make the turban work is to have some hair peeking out in the front: I pinned some of my hair in a side swept bang sorta way, makes the turban a lot more flattering.

shirt, loafers: Zara
jeggings: Pimkie
scarf as turban: T2 vintage
ring: Alex Monroe

PS: my dad has been transferred from intensive care to a normal room. I am so thankful that his condition seems to have settled. My entire family is emotionally and mentally exhausted, now we can work on our recovery.

25 comments

  1. Those loafers are so cute, I really do love them. Good to hear your father is slowly getting better. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your loafers and this denim on denim look is so perfectly put together casual chic. You pull off this turban SO WELL. Love the hint of bang coming through.
    And yay for your dad being moved to a normal room thats good news
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. freaking cute! haha awesome!

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely what you have done with the turban :)
    im glad for your father..may he recover fast! :)
    xxx
    c.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J adore, je vais mettre la meme chose demain a l unif!

    www.outfit-of-the-day.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so rocking that turban! JEAAAAAAAALOUS!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh love this, especially the loafers ;)
    And yay! I'm so glad your dad is doing better :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cutest loafers! they seem to be the newest blogger hit!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pop of personality the leopard flats add, and the turban is amazing! You look gorgeous!

    xoxo

    DressingDaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray about your dad! I'm sure you guys'll be going for pizza before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love your denim and leopard! And I agree about the turban, a little bang hanging out makes it look better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really adore the combination of jeans&denim!
    Still have to try it out myself!
    x
    http://givemetruthloveandfreedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lolololoveeeeeeeee this outfit!
    glad to hear that your dad is doing better x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want your loafers! I absolutely adore them. Great take on the denim on denim + animal print! Love the combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your style! Playful and classic all at the same time. Loving your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thus outfit contains all my favorite things at the moment: chambray? Check. Rolled jeans? Check. Stripes? Check. Loafers? Check. Lust worthy??? Quadruple check.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVING the retro look of this outfit! The turban is magnificant as is the denim on denim and the red pout! Really cool blog :) Would you like to follow each other?

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! This look reminds me of Rosie the Riveter. :)

    Oh, I'm so glad about your dad! I remember when my little sister was moved out of intensive care and into a normal room. It gives everyone a bit more peace and the ability to finally stop holding their breath. Praying for you all! ♥

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore this causal look! Double Denim, Print Mixing, Retro. Fab! I am glad to hear that your Dad is stable now, best wishes to your family x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm catching up on blog reading and I am so happy to hear your dad has been moved from intensive care. Does he start physical therapy soon or is that too soon? I hope you all are getting your rest now that you can relax a little.

    And you look marvelous darling;) I am loving those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are beautiful and your taste for fashion, I like your retro flavor,you always look amazing in vintage dressing..
    romwe-romwe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm usually quite hostile towards double denim, but I really like how you styled it with the leopard! :) Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blij te horen dat het beter gaat met je vader!
    Zeer fijne outfit ook, you make the turban work! En complimented op de nieuwe lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE this outfit and love the new header!

    ReplyDelete