Berry Lips + RIVER ISLAND STUDENT NIGHT!

Another schoolgirl look I'm afraid! Protip: if you want your style to become less ordinary, it doesn't mean you have to take on every trend and juggle styles like a fashion victim. Just find some looks that work for you and make those your own. My wardrobe isn't complete without satchels, kneesocks, quirky flat shoes and trench coats so there you go! Limit the experimenting to a certain field to maintain your signature look. I like to shake things up with my hair and make up since those are the finishing touches that define a look. Without my ombre hair for instance, I'd look a lot more like a granny :-D

Just like last year I find myself drawn to darker lipshades as autumn closes in. I really like that nineties, slightly goth look of dark lipstick, but it makes my face look incredibly severe and older. However, I am not a quitter and I will go on looking for and trying out lipshades until I find my perfect match. The one I'm wearing today comes pretty close: wearable, noticably dark and still subtle. I'd like to find more of a statement color though, maybe a deep maroon shade, but for daytime wear this one will do! It's Catrice btw.


A better look:


Not bad, right? The amount of gloss is just right: enough to counter the lip-minimalizing effect darker shades tend to have, but subtle enough for the non-gloss lovers out there (read: me). 


BTW: my pink hairdye has arrived! I had just used today to slightly lighten my ends a bit more to prepare for the pink, and I can't wait to slap it on. The debut will probably be one of these days, exciting!

dress: H&M
socks, coat, bag: Pimkie
shoes: T2 vintage

PS: GUYS! River Island is having another student night, and all you students are invited! This time there will be even more gift vouchers to win (one every 15 minutes rather than 2 every hour), a best outfit of the night will be picked (winner gets 250 euro worth of vouchers) and of course the entire collection will be available at 20% off! SO! Print out those flyers, bring your student ID and come on over to River Island on the 28th of september from 18:30 until 21:30! 
Extra treat: there will be free beauty advise from Kiehl's professionals!


Here's the facebook page, register if you're going to visit! :-) I'll be there, please say hi and we'll have loads of fun!




25 comments

  1. I love your hair cut, it's so sophisticated! Like the little coloured tips too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik had iets gelijkaardigs aan gisteren: kleedje, trench en kniekousen! Maar van veel wandelen zakken die altijd af, heb je daar soms een truc voor? :D

    En die lippenstift staat je echt mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so wonderful!! I love the schoolgirlish look on you. That dress is fantastic and looks so good with the knee high socks and those shoes :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, especially with the knee highs! Cant wait to see your pink ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your dress!!
    kisses from prague and have a great day!!!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lipstick is gorgeous on you! Good luck in finding a shade to suit your desires! I think this one is really pretty. And I'm excited to see your pink hairdye. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! and that lipstick looks so natural on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this look on you! I want those knee-high socks!!! You are so pretty and that lipstick colour is perfect on you!
    I've just turned my blog into a personal style blog with my first official outfit post.
    Feel free to drop by and let me know what you think :)

    x Aliya
    www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have bought socks like that but i am a little bit apprehensive to wear them! don't know why because when i look at you, it looks amazing! again, in love with that amazing dress! those fall colors look smashing! and yes, perfect with the dark(er) lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this outfit, why don't knee socks look as awesome on me as they do on you?! Alsooo can't wait to see your hair!! I got some pink hair spray the other day and had that on my hair for a day and i LOVED it, trying to persuade my mum it's necessary that i have pink hair now =S i want to get it done in a salon though because i'm worried i'll mess up, so i'm really excited to see how yours goes then i can steal tips from you and maybe do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay love the darker shade on you! very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the socks - you always look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute! I love your polka dots. I cannot wait to see your pink hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, die sokjes vind ik echt te mooi! Kvind het echt moeilijk om deftige mooie sokken te vinden trouwens. Anyway ik kan dus niet meer komen naar die student night WANT IK BEN GEEN STUDENT MEER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. maar je studentenkaart is nog geldig, toch?

    ReplyDelete
  16. keep up the schoolgirl looks, i love em on you! cute socks/ shoes!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agree with Kim: die sokken zijn zo cute! En nu ze het zegt: weet ook niet of mijn studentenkaart dan nog geldig is! Damn, mijn studententijd is echt over... WEIRD! Om op je comment van laaang geleden te antwoorden (ben op reis geweest en werken what have you): ik freelance chez GLAM*IT nu + doe de helft van de tijd hun blog. Daarnaast non-journalistiek werk to make ends meet ;) Ga denk ik nog verder zoeken naar freelance gigs. Hoe gaat'ie bij Label? x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hij geldt toch voor het hele jaaaaar, dat checken ze toch niet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you look in over the knee socks! also the fact that you layer your summer dresses for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh, so cute. i love those socks--i would never think to wear them with a printed dress like this but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can I please have this whole outfit right now?! Please and thank you :) Those socks and that dress are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you styled those knee socks! I really want more pairs of socks like that. They're the perfect season transition legwear!

    ReplyDelete