24-14



First of all:  please like my picture here and help me win 250 euro!

My pink hair makes me feel like a teenager again. Combine my newfound street-credibility with the current heatwave that pushes my style in the nice 'n easy zone and what do you get? Yep, me acting and dressing like the late 90s - early 00s teen I once was! Now, ten years ago my hair was short and bright red and I wore plaid, chains, safetypins, denim, boots and band t-shirts. I still really appreciate that kind of look, but it's a bit extreme for me and I don't think I have the stuff to make this look work anymore! Aside from that, heatwaves and punk-skate style don't really mix well, lemme tell ya. So I settled on laid back surfer style: very nineties and very cool and casual. And surfers are basically the summer version of skaters, right? 

Essential piece: A BACKPACK, the number one on the list of teenage equipment, and coincidentally one of my River Island Student Night purchases. I got it at the RI men's department and I'm sure it will make the perfect schoolbag for my upcoming semester at Uni! Also important: relaxed denim, a re-imagined version of these sandals, a loose fitting top and messy, unwashed hair.





And what is a surfer look without the bikini, right? This tribal print bikini is perfect for my nineties vision. Can't you just see Sandra Bullock wear it in a 90s movie about a twenty something student getting tricked into smuggling drugs? RIGHT?



All I need now are those handmade friendship bracelet and loads of jelly bands on both my wrists. I even had a necklace with a weed-leaf pendant yo. Not that I smoked pot, but it was more about the ATTITUDE, maaaaan.
Oh, and a choker! Chokers were SO hip when I was a young teen. Now, tell me you were a hip youngster in the late nineties and you didn't have one of these?


Yep, I was one of the hip kids. This was after growing out and fading out my short red hair, but the denim vest was uber cool, trust me. My t-shirt had a surfboard print and the choker had a crucifix and shit. I was boss.

top: Pimkie
shorts: vintage Levis via T2
sandals: H&M
backpack: River Island
sunglasses: Claire's

16 comments

  1. Based on that 90s pic, you MUST be about my age. So relating to this post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 24 so I was a very young teen in the nineties, but I still feel like a nineties kid! the 00s just don't have that much charisma :D thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, dat nekding had ik ook, in het roze dan nog :D Leuke zomeroutfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit!! :D :D Its so fun, hehe :)
    I voted for your look :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe..It's always fun to walk down memory lane:) I had those crazy ass tattoo necklaces. I also thought it was hip to wear the fake lip rings (too scared to get real ones) and slutty jeans with suede laces all the way up the leg. Ahh...memories;)

    Totally in love with that backpack!! It's going to look cool with other 90s inspired outfits like floral and lace, denim and boots, and just about everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That backpack is awesome! Pockets galore, lol! You look lovely :)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I just found my choker back (didn't even know it was called a choker) from when I was a kid :) Aah, nostalgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay... This post made my night. Where to start? First off, you have an adorable little body! Secondly, I am jealous of your backpack. I'm feelin' the 90s vibe. Especially the choker. So, so rich. Kudos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love this look! That backpack is amazing (totally whipped out a denim levi's one yesterday, 90s? Yes please!) and I love how this all looks with your hair. Loving the bikini too, you are HOT! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still loving the hair! It soooo cool and not at all like 'wtf did she do????!' The backpack is cool, but not really you, you're usually soooo girly ^^ OH em geeeeee! I forgot all about those chokers! Gosh, they were soooooooooooooooo FUGLY!!!!!!!!! But I did have one (or two, or three 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not ALWAYS girly, that was just the past few months! :-D btw backpacks go perfectly with a girly style if you ask me! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I even had the matching bracelet with the choker! So cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha omg die chokeerrs! Dat had ik keihard ook & dat zat ook vaak bij de joepie :D waar is de tijd? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg those black chockers were the bomb! Haha. I believe I not only had a necklace, but matching bracelet and ring. Also loving the bikini and cutoffs =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I totally had one of those little chokers. And matching ring and bracelet, and I wore them all. Everyday. Haha... Is it bad I'd wear that choker sometimes if I still had one? Heh. Love the pic where your hair is flying all over the place.

    ReplyDelete