Dust in the Wind



Hi guyssss! It was CRAZY windy when I took these pics. It's still very windy, but the temperatures are finally moving into the springier regions so I'm not complaining!

I got all giddy today when I saw Calivintage had reblogged a picture I posted on my tumblr. It was just a streetstyle picture, not a picture of myself, but still! Calivintage is SUCH a style icon of mine so I felt ridiculously honored, haha!

I also stumbled upon this weird asian site selling clothes and stuff for like two pennies a pop. I found some pretty ones during a 10 minute browse, so I'm sure there's LOTS more where that came from!
(just the dress) 4.88$, here
5.04$ here
4.86$ here
4.80$ here
5.28$ here
5.28$ here
5.32$ here

and LA PIECE DE RESISTANCE (you'll be SO thankful)

THIS DRESS! An almost PERFECT copy of that polkadotted peter pan collared babydoll dress of mine from ZARA you all loved and wanted to buy. Get it here for 7.47$!!!!!! You may thank me by sending me your firstborn. I read on leblogdesushi that the quality and fit is perfectly fine, so don't be put off by the low price! The fit will probably be a lot shorter than on those tiny asian models, but I think I'm willing to take that risk for the ridiculously low price.


ANYWAY about my outfit: my dress is a vintage find that had to come home with me, I love the puffed sleeves, the pintuck details, the unique neckline and the print of the bright colored leaves blowing across the black fabric. Which was quite fitting, since it was SO windy. We went out to get pitta and I basically had to walk behind my boyfriend in order to move forward instead of being pushed backward.

dress: vintage (T2)
coat, belt: H&M
tights: Pimkie
clogs: New Look
necklace: Urban Outfitters

To answer some of your questions: I checked the shipping to Belgium, and you could choose between different rates. The most expensive one was like 27$, to have the stuff delivered to your door in a few days, and the cheapest was 5$ (I think), to have everything delivered in 50-70 days. But it all depends on the weight of your order and where you live, so check it out yourself!

29 comments

  1. the dress is beautiful and you have an exquisite sense of styling!

    xoxo
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love that dresss!!!! is so so pretty love the black with colours i love it so just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit of course, you know that! And I wonder the quality of those dresses... hmmm Oh and in response to your comment "the chartreuse tights are like a kinky little surprise", my boyfriend told me to respond, "No, you're a kinky little surprise." haha!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, weird asian sites always seem to have good deals! That brown polka dot dress is an awesome find! :D
    And I looove that dress!! And the jacket as well... <3
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many pretty dresses, your wardrobe must be huge!! You look gorgeous as usual and thanks for those links - you are now my new best friend!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaa, what a lovely dress. And red looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so lucky, the dress is just awesome! At first, I thought it had bird print on it, but then I read the post and it was leaves...which is still pretty cool :)
    I love the picks from "weird Asian site", I would pick all of them too! Especially that white dress with a black bow on the back <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are great dresses! i go to hong kong each year and all the clothes there are lovely and so cheap! i always have to pack an extra suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress looks amazing on you, m'dear! Those weird Asian websites always seem to have the best stuff...I'm apprehensive to order from them, though. Maybe I'll be brave someday!

    Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish i was brave enough to wear a red coat.. you pull it off very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY CRAP. this website may just change my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You evil thing! Now i really want that dress. LOL! I love asian inspired clothing, its all so cute. Adore this dress too its really bright and fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that red! I wonder how much the shipping is for these adorable frocks at ridiculous prices...I'm soooo afraid to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. en hoe zijn de verzendkosten?! de kleding ziet er iig wel super schattig uit!

    vind je jurk echt geweldig!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, that dress is truly amazing! i love the print! i just went on that website, but when i clicked add the basket it says you have to adore 100 or more, haha? oh hang on thats just for some things (the polka dot dress :()

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that dress is a dream piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm dus heb je die jurkjes besteld dan? Is idd wel heel goedkoop maar ben dan wel benieuwd hoe ze effectief zitten.. Ik wacht nog even af op jouw verslag als je ze gekocht zou hebben :) Dat bruine jurkje met de polka dots heb ik ook al in H&M gezien dacht ik.. of was het nu Zara? :D can't remember. Anyway, leuke jurk die je hier aanhebt!
    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. that dress is so perfect! And i would be totally honored to be recognized by Calivintage's Erin... she's one of my faves too!
    you look awesome as usual! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Die jurkjes zijn zoooo mooi allemaal :o Waar blijf je die juweeltjes toch vinden !!

    Jouw kleedje is trouwens ook erg leuk ;) & er was idd heeeeeel veel wind :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It has been incredibly windy over here in the UK the last few days too!!

    LOVE that dress .. it goes perfectly with that coat - and how apt that the leaves are blowing away - cute!

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dress is gorgeous; such a flattering shape on you, love how it hangs!

    Thanks for the heads up on that polka-dot dress. What a bargain! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful vintage dress, you look lovely. And that website is definitely a great find, so many pretty things for such low low prices!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you dress and coat is gorgeous, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE asian shops. . . .I buy all my underwear from them.

    This dress is gorgeous in which you're wearing here!!! wow!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE asian shops. . . .I buy all my underwear from them.

    This dress is gorgeous in which you're wearing here!!! wow!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally in love with the dress! The print is amazing, and paired with those clogs...so stylish!! The wind is great, awesome pics. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. It has been incredibly windy over here in the UK the last few days too!!

    LOVE that dress .. it goes perfectly with that coat - and how apt that the leaves are blowing away - cute!

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Die jurkjes zijn zoooo mooi allemaal :o Waar blijf je die juweeltjes toch vinden !!

    Jouw kleedje is trouwens ook erg leuk ;) & er was idd heeeeeel veel wind :D

    x

    ReplyDelete