Hard day's night

After a hard day’s night, I’m not in the mood for dressing up. Usually this results in me grabbing the nearest bright colored dress because bright colored dresses are easy and always cheer me up, but the weather isn’t nearly warm enough for my sundresses. So I grab leggings. Jeggings, to be precise. And because I have this eternal problem with tops and never seem to find any that I actually like and suit me to boot, I just grabbed this blouse that I had been wanting to wear for ages. It’s vintage and quite awesome. I’d wear it to dress up as a pirate. I needed something to spice it up and I had this image in my mind of a thin black satiny ribbon in a bow on the stark white of the blouse, so I did just that. I’m not in love with this look at all, but it’s warm and comfy and sort of quirky. Some people choose simple, “don’t notice me please” clothes when they feel down. I choose weird ass shit to show the world I don’t give a damn.
 jeggings: new look
shoes: texto
blouse: vintage

Feeling shitty or tired just boosts my natural rebellious nature, so I end up wearing this mix of mom-wear lower half and some sort of gothic lolita top half. I hope everybody stares when I go out grocery shopping. So I can kill them with a glance.








PS I’m not actually THAT P-d off, but exagerating my mood is something I do to cheer myself up when I’m not all happy clappy like usual. I roll and stew in my own misery and make fun of myself, while being a general pain in the ass to anyone around, and cheer myself up by making snide remarks. I’d be like this all the time if I had to work in retail for the rest of my life. Nothing stimulates me more to study and get a good job than to be confronted with my own lack of energy when I’ve spent some time working in retail.

11 comments

  1. The top goes perfect with the outfit you are wearing. I've wanted to try on some jeggings but I have huge thighs and calves that I don't think it would look right. Overall you look pretty.

    Jackie
    www.styleforecasts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blouse, I sometimes wear my flanel black-white shirt with rad satin ribbon tied just like yours:D

    http://micimathonka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love when you say "I choose weird ass shit to show the world I don’t give a damn"!! and i love the close-up of the blouse is just so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much girls!

    jackie: thank you! jeggings can look good on any body type though, if you have bigger calfs and thighs just choose dark jeggings and wear a tunic top with them that cinches in at the waist with a belt or something!

    mici: thanks darling :D I love flanels, I expect to be wearing mine too when fall comes!

    x'tian: haha thanks :D I'm glad you enjoy my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wearing jeggins suits you as well as wearing dresses:)! Love this blouse with a black bow, and amazing make-up!

    follow me www.elekonchicboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you still look fabulous even when you're in a bad mood, for me its straight on with the pyjamas! haha, lovely outfit, that blouse is gorgeous!

    http://www.offwewent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. working is my stimulator to study good too.. i have to work up to 12 hours a day and it's always hard! preparing a big improvised restaurant space for 3 meals a day and cleaning it all up each and every time for 180 stupid spoiled-to-death children, going here on a 'learning french summer vacation camp'! i have no idea whatever trip my bosses were on when they decided to do this kinda thing :( the others don't work as hard as i do, and today my boss told me i had to work harder and stop nagging about the boss's daughter, who's hanging around here too, doing nothing, getting paid the same as i am. aarg. and don't they know i don't like authority? i must have forgotten to put it on my cv :(

    one thing i know.. i'm never gonna work another day in my li-ife!

    so i guess the message is: you're not alone :P hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and cool outfit, especially to work in as a servant! kinda stating the obvious; "your will is my command but not really", i like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D hang in there darling, just think of all the stuff you can buy with the cash you make :D and all the spoiled brats you make happy by cleaning up their mess, haha

    thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you still look fabulous even when you're in a bad mood, for me its straight on with the pyjamas! haha, lovely outfit, that blouse is gorgeous!

    http://www.offwewent.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tof blouseje!

    Yana x

    ReplyDelete