Florals and stripes and everything nice

 top, skirt, scarf: pimkie
shoes: sac d'anvers



Meet my new skirt! A few weeks ago I suddenly realized I have a total lack of perfect floral skirts in my wardrobe, so when I encountered this one at my summer job it had to come home with me. I wanted to add something more to the mix, so I wore it with my striped top and nautical wedges, and jazzed the ensemble up with a pink scarf. You like? I do, it feels happy and girly and like something Carrie Bradshaw or some cute Parisienne would wear.

I'm contemplating buying a Canon EOS 1000D. Do you guys think I need a better, more professional camera? Would it improve my pictures immensely? I'm using a Samsung ES17 right now, one of those small, light digital point and shot cameras. I quite like it, but the quality could be a lot better if I could choose my focus when self timing, for instance. And those Canon EOS 1000Ds are really quite cheap if you buy one on Ebay secondhand! So what's the verdict, should I get one? Why should I or why shouldn't I?

It's hellacold out here by the way. Autumn has definitely begun. I have to break out the tights again and I'm wearing thick socks and boots at this very moment. I even have a blanket covering my legs. So depressing. But the weather was very nice today: a lot of wind, just a tiny bit of rain and a lot of sun. Perfect to go for a walk and let the wind clear your mind. If our entire autumnal season is like this, I don't think I mind it that much. I'll just bundle up in layers and have rosy cheeks and tousled hair, I can live with that!

6 comments

  1. perfect combination! i love the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt Annebeth!!

    And you thought I was crazy about the tights eh? :D X teehee!

    Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of prints. That skirt is so cute. Have a great weekend.

    Jackie
    www.styleforecasts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. kim: thanks! haha yeah I had no idea it would get this cold this soon :(

    jackie: thank you! printmixing is one of my "things" I guess :D

    valerie: thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect combination! i love the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix of prints. That skirt is so cute. Have a great weekend.

    Jackie
    www.styleforecasts.com

    ReplyDelete