You only said goodbye with words

I used to wear black all the time, but lately I just haven’t been feeling “right” whenever I dress in all black. It feels as if I’m taking the easy way out instead of thinking a bit harder to find a color combination that works, but sometimes black can be so chic, especially when paired with faux fur. This dress I’m wearing always made me think of movies in the style of Sweeney Todd or Moulin Rouge, with fun stockings, poofy skirts and lace up booties, and obviously the fur goes with that flirty/goth vibe perfectly. I’m wearing a belt that wraps around three times (at first I was wearing the one you see in the closeup, but the wraparound belt went better with it ), and my new second best ring, the snake.
dress: zara
tights: h&m
boots: pimkie
cardigan: h&m
collar: h&m
belt: pimkie
rings: six, alex monroe


I actually love these dotted tights but I feel like they are quite hard to style with non-black looks, any tips? I love the way they make your legs look, somehow those dots make your legs more "perfect" to the naked eye.  I don't want to go overboard though, pairing it with other prints is maybe too much or too girly for my taste?

11 comments

  1. Ooo, I just love this outfit! The skirt is so bouncy and flowing on the dress. Just great.
    As for the tights, you could always pair them with greys or even browns. Since so much of your skin is seen through the sheerness, they don't read black as much as polka dotted. Or you could go wild with a bright color. I bet you'll many perfect ways to pair them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boots and dress! And that snake ring is amazing, i've been looking for one like it for ages, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the ring at six, I don't know if they have shops outside of europe!
    chelsea: thanks! I don't wear browns, but I was thinking of wearing it with blues or greys, solids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear! You look just perfect again :) About your tights: I was buying one of those dotted pairs 2 days ago but they didn't have my size!!! Oh, well... I had seen some different ways through blogs, I remember Tieka's (Selective Potential: http://selectivepotential.blogspot.com/2009/12/work-christmas-party.html) version, she wore red tights under them, they looked extra beautiful... You might like to try some different colors :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful look, I love the dress and the boots loads! You look really lovely Annebeth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey seval, thanks for your sweet compliments and the tip! :) hope you find those tights soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the flowy dress & the gorgeous fur collar :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the flowy dress & the gorgeous fur collar :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey seval, thanks for your sweet compliments and the tip! :) hope you find those tights soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful look, I love the dress and the boots loads! You look really lovely Annebeth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your boots and dress! And that snake ring is amazing, i've been looking for one like it for ages, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete